Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new Colt model?

Feedback Score

new Colt model?

I just went to my local gun shop and found a Colt 1911 that I have never seen before. It had slim wood grips, Novak sights with a fiber optic front sight, and a national match barrel. The odd thing is the frame to slide fit was very tight and it had no special markings on the gun. They had 3 of them and I did notice that the serial numbers on all of them started with CC. Has anyone seen or heard of this model?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    TALO Concealed Carry Government
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have had mine for several months. I think it's a great blend of features for a carry gun. I only have about 500 rounds through it, but have had no malfunctions. Everything fits and runs slick. I will eventually swap the fiber optic front out for a night sight, but that's it. I traded a stainless Springfield TRP for it with no regrets.

Last edited by backspur; 12-21-12 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    Thats the one, thanks for the info. I put one on layaway while I was at the shop, I'm not crazy about the front sight either so I might end up swapping it out. I can't wait to get it out of jail and put some rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    oh yeah a new base gun... hmmmm... more projects
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    They make a Talo CO as well which is on my short list.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean51 View Post
    Thats the one, thanks for the info. I put one on layaway while I was at the shop, I'm not crazy about the front sight either so I might end up swapping it out. I can't wait to get it out of jail and put some rounds through it.
    At first glance, I thought you had written, "I can't wait to get out of jail and put some rounds through it."

Had me thinkin' we might oughta tighten up some gun laws after all.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    They make a Talo CO as well which is on my short list.
    I wish the TALO CCO had all the same features as the TALO Government Model. It would be the ideal carry gun in my opinion. I would have one for sure.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    These TALO models all seem nice, even if one or two features are a compromise they are good representations of desirable upgrades. I have the Wiley Clapp gov't model, and the only thing I dislike is the angled slide serrations. Definitely worth the price if you consider the cost of making the same upgrades on a base pistol like a 1991.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    That's a nice lookin' 1911.

I wish functional, sensible looking guns were the norm..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast