Thread: Anyone Used the Tactical Tailor Fight Light Battle Belt?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Anyone Used the Tactical Tailor Fight Light Battle Belt?

This one here: http://www.tacticaltailor.com/fightl...ht-battle-belt

I did a search and didn't turn up much, except for a few mentions here and there.
    I'm assuming being TT it's pretty good quality.
    How does it compare, use-wise to other popular belts?

I've been mulling over a few ideas for a battle belt, and am looking for one with some padding, and I was on TT's site the other day and saw this (yes, I know there's other padded belts out there. ), so I figured I'd ask.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own one, it's the only battle belt I've ever owned though. construction is top notch, it stays in one place even with a sidearm, ifak, and 2 each pistol/rifle mags on it. It's completely lined with mesh padded material, it is about as airy as its going to get. I still sweated all summer long in training classes, but I can't imagine what it'd be like in a rubber lined belt.

Overall a great belt, my only gripes would have to be that it does seem to roll a little when worn all day, some plastic stiffener would have prevented that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FireandFlames View Post
    I own one, it's the only battle belt I've ever owned though. construction is top notch, it stays in one place even with a sidearm, ifak, and 2 each pistol/rifle mags on it. It's completely lined with mesh padded material, it is about as airy as its going to get. I still sweated all summer long in training classes, but I can't imagine what it'd be like in a rubber lined belt.

Overall a great belt, my only gripes would have to be that it does seem to roll a little when worn all day, some plastic stiffener would have prevented that.
    Same experience, it rolls a little. If you find a diy solution let me know!
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    When I was in at TT last, the nice woman working there reminded me that the Fight Light stuff carries a 2 year warranty, and their standard products carry a lifetime warranty. I was picking up a pack for my brother at the time. Just some food for thought there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Same experience, it rolls a little. If you find a diy solution let me know!
    My dry solution was to just wear my kydex holster on my belt and fight off my plate carrier, now I'm sweating under it though! haha

As for the 2 year warranty thing, yeah its made out of lightweight materials, I don't know how abrasion resistant it will be. I can vouch for the stitching though, mine has been through plenty of training and range time, as well as surviving the installation of tacos several times(hard on any belt). Not a single seam popping or a channel of molle loosening up. Would it survive a deployment, probably not without getting tattered, but its a great training/class/civilian rig.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I had one, it was ok. Not enough padding, could use more pals webbing to mount more pouches if needed. Other than that it was built well. That 2 year warranty for fight light irritates me though.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Interesting....

As far as rolling- I'm not intimately familiar with a lot of this gear since there's none to be seen in person around here, but do you mean rolling over at the top (like from repeated bending at the waist pushing on the material) or do you mean from the center of the belt (more like folding in half)?

Wonder why they only put a 2yr. warranty on the FL stuff?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score

rolling

The belt is made of three sections and an inner belt (I've the TT duty). Having three sections allows the length of the outer belt to be adjusted, each of these sections wraps round the inner belt (which is also secured by several strips of fabric inside, much like a belt loop).

The rolling comes from the mesh on the inside of the belt moving up and around causing the top section of molle to hang away from the wearer. It's annoying but hasn't caused any issues yet tho I do not use the belt in harms way.