Thread: Anyone have the Burris XTR ringe on a flattop AR?

Feedback Score

Anyone have the Burris XTR ringe on a flattop AR?

Those Burris tactical Rings look pretty hefty and sturdy.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/xtrrings.html

I was wondering if anyone has these mounted on their AR flattop? What kind do you have? What is your experience and would you recommend them?

Pics welcome
    Because of their tremendous reputation, the soldiers of the old guard were permitted liberties which would not have been tolerated in other units. When Napoleon met Tsar Alexander of Russia at Tilsit in 1807 he pointed to a terribly scarred Grenadier. "What do you think of men who can endure such wounds?" he asked. " and what do you think of men who can inflict them?" replied the Tsar. "They're all dead!" interjected the Grenadier, settling the issue once and for all.

Feedback Score
    I've got some Medium rings mounted on a YHM scope riser. They hold fine. This is used with a Burris 2-7X.

If mounting directly to a flat top, you'll need either High or Extra High. I tried those first but I found I wanted the scope moved farther fwd on the rail to adjust the eye relief and allow better charging handle access, so I purchased the riser/extension base. At that point the Extra High rings were too tall so I sent them back and went with thr Mediums.

This isn't a QR setup, but if you don't require QR, they'll get the job done. If at a later date you do decide to upgrade to QR, just ditch the YHM riser/ext rail and get a LaRue.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I like the Picatinny top ring idea. Some thing like that with a small dot sight would go well on my AR-10.