Thread: Thoughts on Browning BLR Takedown

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Thoughts on Browning BLR Takedown

My primary purpose is to looking for something I could hunt with, was reasonably accurate (2" or so moa), reliable, short and lightweight. I had been looking at bolt actions but ran across the Browning BLR ltwt Takedown. It looks on paper to be everything I am looking for plus it would fit nicely in my bug out bag and serve well as a trunk gun. The only issue I can see is that it has a 7.6 lb. trigger and takes 1 more bullet in the mag than PA allows, but that can be fixed.

The reviews I have been finding online are from magazines that look at everything favorably so I really take them with a grain of salt.
    Has anyone from the forum had experience with the BLR, specifically the new model 81 series, and what are your thoughts?
    Has anyone had custom work done and if so what work and by whom?
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz