Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quality OF CMMG ?

Feedback Score

ok

Quote Originally Posted by M4builder View Post
    OK,
    #1, I never said I know a lot about CMMG's practices. I said I don't care what they are, as long as they give me a quality product. I only know what Jeff has said to me in our occasional e-mails about their products.

#2. You said they don't make their own barrels, but, you know what they are made of because you worked there. If they aren't making the barrels how do they even know what they are made of? Did you perform destructive metallurgical testing on their barrels?

#3. You show up in every CMMG thread (in many forums) saying these things about their integrity to steer anyone away from them. You never say that their products are sud-standard, or poor quality, just that they misrepresent their source.

#4. I am a shooter, not an integrity cop. I care about what their product performs like, not it's source. Every company making ARs uses outside sources for different parts of the weapon...even Colt. Why should I care what company Jeff uses to get his barrels from, as long as they are accurate/reliable/durable enough for my needs.

You & Luke have had a bad experience with them, for that I'm sorry.
    However, it has no play in whether or not their stuff is up to the standards of us "end users". And doesn't really warrant implying negative things about them that you are unwilling to disclose the details about....Just- "they're bad people"...."they lie"......."their stuff isn't what it seems"....all without substation, & especially to a multitude of people who will read your posts on the internet. You know that many will simple browse this forum for info, and they won't IM you for details.

So, your negative statements will go out to the world by word-of-mouth, and be damaging to CMMG, and all this without citing a single fact, or providing one specific example of where they do a disservice to the customer in any of your public postings.
    Congratulations...you've created an "Urban Legend" about CMMG, and have done your damage.

Thank-you & good-bye
    Ok worked for them and they lie about where they get thier parts the lower PKS come form DPMS barrels are not mil grade 4150 and not tested Mp after beeing fired. The lowers uppers are not stamped out in house . and the reason I quit is they gave up on Q to beat out some grils that where selling 500.00 guns at a show they went to and sold none . It piss them off and they thought they should get back.and I never said thier guns were junk I own 10 that I built. My satement was to you in that you know nothing about them other than you own thier guns. You took it personally and for that I am sorry , and keep buying from them if you wish but some would like to know what they are buying is what is stated KNOW ARE YOU HAPPY AND I AM DONE WITH YOU THANKS. You have done more to hurt them than I wuold hve ever done. Me and my family left them on a good note. Do some research.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellery Holt View Post
    I agree. The site that is suppose to be 'facts only' sure is taking on an arfcom-like flavor lately.
    First hand knowlege is always king on here. The person giving first hand accounts was an employee of CMMG. I don't know how much better it could be.

For myself, I know that I have seen a good number of CMMG barrels come through our shop. This is why I no longer recommend CMMG. I also know that other dealers that do custom work also have seen a lot of issues with CMMG barrels.

I think Jeff at CMMG is a good guy, but might be over extended which is generally how bad products get out.

C4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234