Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgive me, for I have sinnned.... (polymer guns aren't precise enough)

Feedback Score

Forgive me, for I have sinnned.... (polymer guns aren't precise enough)

I have tried to use handguns other than 1911s.

I tried to use the S&W M&P series, thinking if I saw enough military personnel using them, they might be worthy. But, the trigger sucks too much, and the accuracy on my MP9 is just laugh worthy.

I kept telling myself, that the side arm for a rifle backup didn't need to be 'accurate', I just needed 'MOAR bullets', if I were ever in a situation that required a rifle. But, I just can't stand the trigger, and the lack of being able to hit a hit target (8 inch groups at 15 yards) for a 'hostage situation at 15 yards' is just against what I believe in.

Forgive me for ever considering a weapon other than 1911s. Forgive me for having 'quantity envy'

---- An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age . . .

Feedback Score
    It ain't the arrow. 1911's can be very accurate pistols. So can many others.

Feedback Score

"It aint the arrow"

Actually, in this case, it is

MP9C (groups acceptably for a polymer gun)
    MP45 (groups less acceptably, but still ok, could use a DCAEK trigger)
    MP9 (OMG what a piece of crap, sure it will shoot, but 'where exactly where it shoot')

And I pick up my Kimber, (able to shoot out the orange target sticker as a group)
    pick up my cared for springfield A1 (able to shoot out another orange target sticker as a group)
    pick up a used springfield TRP that I've never actually fired before today (able to shoot out another 1 inch orange target sticker as a group)

Try MP series, looks like shotgun blasts..... yich

It's the arrow.

Feedback Score
    I shoot business cards at 10 yards and half size index cards at 15 yds with my MP9FS...to each his own

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tennvol12345; 12-28-12 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Try a PPQ. I dare ya
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennvol12345 View Post
    I shoot business cards at 10 yards and half size index cards with my MP9FS...to each his own

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Good for you. You have a good one. Now take the 3 different S&W weapons I have,and realize the wide variation in precision in each. I had hoped to get one as precise as yours, I did not. Now I have to deal with S&W warranty service to try to get one more precise.

Go buy 3 more yourself, and see how precise each one is.

Feedback Score
    With the right ammunition, I would think any quality firearm should group 4" at 25 yards. Try different ammunition. If that doesn't work, ask S&W to take a look at it.

If you like plastic, there are other options. My Glock 22 will keep most shots inside the 8 ring on a B-27 silhouette target at 100 yards. The groups don't look pretty, but it's close enough for government work.
    Last edited by 7 RING; 12-28-12 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Try a PPQ or a HK.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What are we talking about?
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    Certain platforms fit different people better. I wanted and HK 9mm pistol, but once I handled them, I wasn't impressed. I have carried a 5" SA Loaded, then Sig 226 Navy, Sig 229, Glock 19, and now I'm back to a 1911 only in a Commander size now.

There must be a reason they have been around for 101 years?? Sometimes old and outdated still do better than the latest and greatest.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast