Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgive me, for I have sinnned.... (polymer guns aren't precise enough)

Feedback Score
    I shoot Glocks every bit as well as I shoot my 1911. It just takes a bit of practice and time to adjust.

Either platform will yield "Center of Badguy" accuracy all day.

Feedback Score
    I shoot my Les Baer Custom Carry better than my Glock 19 and Sig P229R (which is my duty weapon, btw). 1911's are very easy guns to shoot.
    Elections have consequences.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nethole View Post

Forgive me for ever considering a weapon other than 1911s. Forgive me for having 'quantity envy'

You are forgiven my son. Now, say 4 our father JMBs, 2 hail marys, and be safe.
    Good work speaks for itself,
    therefore achieve something first,
    and talk about it later if you must.
    ----Grenville Kleiser
    General Motors=your TARP $$$, YMMV

Feedback Score
    As to the thread title... you made a blanket statement about polymer guns when you really mean M&Ps, I take it.

I'm not seeing any definitions of terms here. What size groups are you getting, at what distances, with your M&Ps? I mean, what's your standard for a "precise" gun?

Also, I'm sorry, but just because you can chew the center of a target out with a 1911 doesn't mean you're a living ransom rest that can evaluate all other pistol designs without error. The 1911 trigger is the most forgiving trigger there is, the S&W trigger is quite different, and the human element can easily introduce so much error that you can't say with any degree of confidence that the pistols are truly different in terms of mechanical precision.

Get your hands on a Glock 34 and try again, I think you'll find out that some polymer guns are precise enough.

Feedback Score
    For what its worth, I personally witnessed on 4 seperate occassions, DJ Niner from GlockTalk a 12 oz pop (soda) can at 100 yds, first shot, unsupported using Weaver stance.

Glock 32 on 1 occassion.
    Glock 17 with grip chopped to Glock 19 on the other 3.

Everything was stock on them.

I personally do best with the PPQ. I shoot the 1911 worst on account of my large hands and long fingers...perspective, the Glock 20SF feels just right in my hands. I get slide bite from the Glock 17.

If only 1911's were thicker

Feedback Score
    It's all user error when it comes to fighting.

In a fighting gun I'd take my G34 or G19 any day of the week. Period.

Lots of bullets, they never jam, and no safety to worry about. I love my TRP but in dusty, sandy environments if you don't have time to clean your gear religiously a Glock will keep ticking away forever.

Plus, my G34 is plenty accurate. It's easily as accurate as my 1911.

Feedback Score
    Gen4 Glocks, Walther, HK, and FN would like to have a word with you.

Also, a modified M&P is extremely viable as well.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    When I first got into pistol training classes, my main weapon of choice was a WC CQB. Fantastic gun and it served me well for thousand and thousands of rounds fired.

As good as my 1911 was, it was STILL the king of the feed way stoppage. It also ONLY carried 7 or 8rds. It was also heavy, required a lot more maintenance/attention than many of the other modern polymer pistols.

I then moved to Glock's and M&P's. The triggers sucked in comparison, accuracy wasn't near the same either. I stuck with it for YEARS and I know can shoot them as well as I did my 1911. As I have said many times on this forum, LEARNING to shoot on a 1911 is a huge error as the trigger is a crutch and hinders you from being able to "easily" transition to a real combat trigger (Glock, etc).

Make no mistake, I am a huge 1911 fan (own two $3K+ 1911's and am building two of my own from scratch). A wise man (that was also a 1911 aficionado) said to me; "Do you want more bullets in the gun or less bullets?"

My advice is to get a PPQ/HK/Glock or an M&P (with a fitted barrel) and learn to shoot a polymer gun (as they make a much more reliable carry/defensive gun).

C4

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    It isn't the gun, its your trigger control.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    I've been using a Glock for that last few years and I really can't complain about much, the trigger was my biggest issue, but I'm accustomed to it now and it's no big deal, it's accurate as well.

I've used a 1911 more than anything else and I will always be a fan of the man gun.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast