Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connecticut firearm ban 2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dgt View Post
    Single shot firearms only? really? This is your ask for a mile and get an inch technique. This is what were up against. http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/201...122-R00-SB.htm

Here is meyers email http://www.senatedems.ct.gov/Cap/php...r-mailform.php
    I say let 'em vote on this bill. It won't stand up to constitutional muster. Every gun today in common use is multi-shot and DC v. Heller ruled that weapons in common use are protected by the Constitution.

With that ruling, and the AR-15 being the most commonly used kind of rifle in the U.S., it's possible that even an assault weapons ban might be found unconstitutional...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Justin,

Thanks for the links!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." President Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

pmags at k5arms

not a plug, just fyi for ct. residents on this site. K5 arms has pmags, limit 2 per customer, for $20 each. good price. get em while franks got em. no afiliation in any way to k5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I say let 'em vote on this bill. It won't stand up to constitutional muster. Every gun today in common use is multi-shot and DC v. Heller ruled that weapons in common use are protected by the Constitution.

With that ruling, and the AR-15 being the most commonly used kind of rifle in the U.S., it's possible that even an assault weapons ban might be found unconstitutional...
    Hopefully it will pass, to get a ruling based on the SCOTUS dicta “arms in common use.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by francis View Post
    I wish you guys the best of luck. I was looking at some jobs in Connecticut. Out of the states in the try state area, you guys are (hopefully not WERE) the most gun friendly.
    You're obviously not including Vermont or New Hampshire

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    All that has to happen is for Colt, Ruger, and Mossberg to threaten to pack up and leave and take thousands of jobs with them. Last I heard, Colt was already considering Florida for their right to work laws, and any new law could push them over the edge.
    I would love to see this happen.

If these companies (and Smith and Wesson and whoever else are in states like this) moved to free, right to work states they would end up making more money and being in a better position to move in to the future. Several states are looking at or have passed "sovereignty" laws.

I would love to see it, it's a win win for everyone except the tax base in communist states.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    quite a turnout at the LOB in Hartford tonight. I noted a total of 1499 public speakers signed up on the roster printout. The VAST majority pro 2nd. Did anyone here make it to the hearing today? I was #742.
    Justin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

yup. i would guess a few dozen antis at most.

took an hour to get through security, and i thought i got there early. darn near froze.

i think this was the biggest pro-gun turnout in recent CT history (i'm told the largest one was a while ago when the CGA wanted to ban handguns).
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    coverage here:

http://www.courant.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12