Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Shot Show Optics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    I agree. I spoke with them yesterday in regards to the 1-4X with the FC-3G reticle and asked if the dot illumination had been improved. The answer was no. When asked if better illumination was in the plans, again no.
    It is a little bit more involved than just upgrading the illumination. If it were that easy to achieve daylight visible reticle illumination, we would have done so long ago.

Its easier to design and develop a completely new scope which is the plan. Sorry, cannot share any details.

We believe that daylight illumination is a critical feature and we intend to incorporate such in to future designs.

The FC-3G is an improved reticle design that is long overdue in our NXS 1-4. It does in fact contrast nicely for fast acquisition.

If you stop by our booth, please ask for Tod and introduce yourself.
    ---Amateurs do it til they get it right. Professionals do it til they can't get it wrong---

--Your worst needs to be better than their best--

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The reason I buy NF is because I know that I will be getting a product that has been tested by standards higher than all others, and that all the features, designs, and technology found in them have been proven to be truly effective.

If NF delivers a 1-4x w/ the super duper fully day light vis ret. in the future, than you can count on it being exceptionally functional, and super reliable.

The only thing NF screwed up that I can ever recall is shelving the NXSc 2.5-10x24. By many people's opinion including my own very strong one....that's still the finest AR precision optic made. So small, so powerful, so bombproof.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Trijicon will no doubt leave us hanging without a 1-6x/1->4x Accupoint with a BDC/Mils/Some kind of stadia lines for holdovers.

If they do bring one out for less than 2k I'd be all over it and probably buy two.

Ditto for NF.

What's the difference between that BEAST and ATACR? Just the 56mm objective and reticle options?

ETA: Saw that there is something in the elevation adjustment as well.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 01-13-13 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    Right now the ATACR is only available as a SFP optic. The BEAST is an F1 with some added features such as digital dual color illumination known as DigIllum, Extreme Speed elevation adjustment, 360 degree brake control. Both come standard with the ZeroStop.

They are actually two different optical designs. The ATACR retails for $2400 and the BEAST retails for $3400.

Both are phenomenal.
    ---Amateurs do it til they get it right. Professionals do it til they can't get it wrong---

--Your worst needs to be better than their best--

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Curious, with all of the interest in the RMR option on handguns, is any manufacturer going to deliver anything new in this market segment?
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Trijicon will no doubt leave us hanging without a 1-6x/1->4x Accupoint with a BDC/Mils/Some kind of stadia lines for holdovers.

If they do bring one out for less than 2k I'd be all over it and probably buy two.

Ditto for NF.

What's the difference between that BEAST and ATACR? Just the 56mm objective and reticle options?

ETA: Saw that there is something in the elevation adjustment as well.
    Trij rep whispered to me that I should look out for an Accupoint with ranging capabilities, nod, wink, read between the lines etc., so maybe your wishes will be answered.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New Schmidt & Bender STRATOS 1.1-5x24

Here is a thread I started with the new S&B Stratos specs

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=121571

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    Trij rep whispered to me that I should look out for an Accupoint with ranging capabilities, nod, wink, read between the lines etc., so maybe your wishes will be answered.

Wow...finally! Looking forward to this one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny00 View Post
    Wow...finally! Looking forward to this one.
    We'll see... I am beginning to think there is a conspiracy for all scope makers to create great optics with crappy reticles... so I don't get too excited about these sneaky harbingers of the latest greatest optic to come

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    We'll see... I am beginning to think there is a conspiracy for all scope makers to create great optics with crappy reticles... so I don't get too excited about these sneaky harbingers of the latest greatest optic to come
    Yep...we've been floated hope for two years. We shall see. But I've got a new 16" stainless recce from BCM just waiting on it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast