Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Shot Show Optics

Feedback Score
    Don't forget the crappy optics with great reticles...
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    I just hope Nightforce brings back the 2.5-10x24 for civies

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by James00 View Post
    I just hope Nightforce brings back the 2.5-10x24 for civies
    Despite the NF rep on TOS claiming that the x32 had 30-40 times the sales of the x24.........I think its BS

Everyone seems to agree that the x24 is the BEST compact, combat optic out there. There is a reason people are paying $1700+ for a used one.

It makes no sense whatsoever to not offer it. I would buy one or two in a hearbeat. There is nothing that comes close to the size, power, and durrability that the x24 offers.

NF is really pissing off its customer bases. That coupled along with their ever increasing prices..... pushing into S&B, USO and Hensdolt territory... I don't know why people buy their stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Yep...we've been floated hope for two years. We shall see. But I've got a new 16" stainless recce from BCM just waiting on it.
    By the way your avatar is my favorite! I hope you will post some photos of him/her in the guard dog/cat thread
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny00 View Post
    Wow...finally! Looking forward to this one.
    Its big and heavy but pretty badass. Its essentially a smart scope with a built in range finder and ballistic calculator that even incorporates angles into the calculation.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Spent half the day walking back and forth from Spectre to Leupold to Schmidt and Bender.

Elcan, Short Dot or MK VI... Decisions decisions...

Elcan is great, but it's heavy. They seem to have fixed the past problems with the zero shift, but is that A.R.M.S. mount trustworthy? Crystal clear lens and great FOV.

Short Dot is great, but very expensive, no mount, and eye relief is not as forgiving. Also reaching over to crank from low to high power is not as fast as throwing a lever. Great glass, positive controls and obvious quality.

Mark VI one to six power was great. Same story as the S&B, but for less money.

Interestingly, I've used Bushnell in the past on plinking rifles and they have a new "AR" offering. 1-4 with an adjustable illuminated red dot in the middle. Looked good. Worked well. The glass was a little blurred around the outer edges but the majority of the center looked great. Only $300. I wouldn't want to go to war with it, but it wouldn't be bad for varminting.

Feedback Score
    Hi-Lux is showing off their new CMR in 7.62x39mm and set up with left side windage knob all ready for your AK.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Trijicon finally delivered on all its promises. I mean that is if someone over at Trijicon had promised you a 3X30 TA33 ACOG with a .300 blackout calibrated reticle.

Looks like the Accupoint line remains unchanged. No 1-6x, no ranging reticles.

Read it and weep.

http://www.trijicon.com/resources/do...chure_2013.pdf
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    S&B 3-27x56

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    I had a chance to pop over to Trijicon. Pretty disappointed in their Accupoint line. A 1-6x or 1-8x would have been nice.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast