Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2013 Shot Show Optics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny00 View Post
    I had a chance to pop over to Trijicon. Pretty disappointed in their Accupoint line. A 1-6x or 1-8x would have been nice.
    I also would like to see this, but keep in mind they just launched a new line of pistol sights, the SRS, and working on keeping up with RMR support.

Without even getting into the manufacturing methods that Trijicon uses on their products, keep in mind that they have a lot of different products and reticles already. Consider how many different products Trijicon offers, then multiply that by the different reticle type, reticle colors, sight colors, etc - and keep in mind they supply tritium tubes to other weapon OEMs and night sight companies.

Basically, I'm just saying that I doubt they are taking the stance of "we don't want your money or feedback" - its an issue of supply and demand, and the fact they test the LIVING HELL out of every new product or update to existing products.

A year later, I'm surprised the SRS isn't taking off more than it has. Really liking that red dot sight.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    You do know that's not meant for ARs, but rather mounted machine guns?
    I was assuming as much since it was mounted on a m2. Very cool technology though, and as you were saying it will be interesting to see how the technology advances in the next couple years.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lol. I figured that, dude. Just had to point it out - since weight is kind of a non issue - for anyone reading.

We should get some sort of dinner or drinks going for next year for M4C members to get together and chop it up face to face.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    I find this very interesting. I would, for sure, skip the A.R.M.S. mount.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    I find this very interesting. I would, for sure, skip the A.R.M.S. mount.
    Agreed, but that thing looks excellent. I love the IRT technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    Lol. I figured that, dude. Just had to point it out - since weight is kind of a non issue - for anyone reading.

We should get some sort of dinner or drinks going for next year for M4C members to get together and chop it up face to face.
    Hell i can see an arfcom dude throwing one on his rifle and bragging about how schweet his 15 lb setup is.

Yeah for sure, I wouldve liked to this year but it was so hectic for me trying to set up contacts and dealerships to open a retail store and indoor range I dont know when I would've had the time.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-20-13 at 00:29.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Did anyone take a close look at the Bushnell Elite Tactical SMRS 1-8.5x while they were at the show?
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ-Renegade View Post
    Did anyone take a close look at the Bushnell Elite Tactical SMRS 1-8.5x while they were at the show?
    I did. It's a very nice scope. The illuminated portion of the reticle was pretty bright, but not quite as bright as the one in the USO or Leupold Mk6. As you rotated to 1x it also resolved itself as a small ring rather than a dot. It also seemed to flicker a bit. The rep also said it's MSRP would be north of $2k.

I spent a lot of time bouncing between the Leupold Mk6 & Mk8, USO, Bushnell, and even the S&B (I forget the model number, but it's the tan German military issued version). Overall I liked the S&B the best, followed closely by the Mk8 and USO. After that was the Mk6. Coming in last was the Bushnell.

That's not to say the Bushnell was a bad scope by any means. All of those scopes are very nice, and I would definitely try to look through them before you buy. Optics are highly subjective.

The S&B and Mk8 are just way beyond my price range. The USO (the top military version), while less expensive is still a little more than I would want to spend, but is an awesome scope as well.

The Bushnell was nice, but I worry they have been a bit too aggressive with the pricing. It and the newer versions of the HDMR were great scopes, but they were asking over $2k for them. If they were in the $1800 range I think they would get more takes, including me.

For me, the price, features, and optical quality of the Mk6 was the best deal going.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567