Hello all,
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I have done a few searches and didn't find anything regarding using first line belts or vests for hunting. Maybe my googlefu sucks. Anyways, I'm a total newb to this stuff, have been lurking and reading through the First Line Belt thread and have a few questions.

I'm a civilian and am looking to build a belt for training and shtf situations. I would also like it to be dual purpose and use it for hunting as I can't find a pack that works for me. I prefer to carry a sidearm and most packs do not allow this (or at least make the sidearm readily available when worn with the pack). I have a Badlands 2200 and a Monster Fanny pack (which is not that comfortable) and neither seem to quite fit the bill.

Looking at the way these belts can be loaded out, it appears it could fit my needs for both purposes. I'm also looking at the BCM Split Front Chest Harness as a possibility since it has a provision for a hydration pack.

What do you guy's think? Thanks in advance for your input.

BTW, this would be for archery season in the Colorado backcountry. It's hike in in the morning, hike out at night to camp. Being able to carry rain gear is a plus.