Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So are "Wilson Combat 47D" THE mags to buy?????

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've never had any problems with CMC 8 or 10 round magazines.... both with FMJ, semi-wad cutters, Gold Dots, HST etc.

Personally I feel Wilson magazines are way overpriced.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    I've been through the 1911 magazine thing before. I can't claim to be a steel challenge champion or anything of the sort so TIFWIW. I've tried CMC, Wilson, genuine USGI, Colt, and now use Checkmate mags. Hybrid w/dimpled follower. My 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    I prefer the original 7 round #47 mags over the 8 round 47D. The 47D just wasn't as reliable for last round feeding. For a gun that doesn't have a mag well and that will be used for concealed carry, I prefer the 47C, which comes standard with the low-profile steel base plate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CMC 8's and 10's have treated me well. Zero issues out of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Is it possible to use the 47D floorplate on the ETM? I haven't bought any ETMs because I don't like that big goofy floorplate and was wondering if they could be swapped. I haven't had any problems with my 47Ds in my Colt so I have little incentive to switch other than to try something new (although there is no sense in messing with things if everything works).
    I shoot IDPA and like that big goofy floorplate to hit the ground first. And a bigger surface to smack it in.

Feedback Score
    I love Tripp Cobramags. Had problems with 47d's, the plastic follower deformed after less than 200 rounds and would no longer activate my slide stop. Tripps have a metal insert and it was recommended I give them a try.
    Have over 25,000 rounds through 5 cobramags in the last 3 years shooting USPSA, original springs are still going strong, zero malfunctions in my Kimber SIS and STI Sentry 45's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456