Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So are "Wilson Combat 47D" THE mags to buy?????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the 47D mags. In fact, I use them for more than just my 45. I run them in my .40 single stack gun i use for USPSA. Have been working great!

Feedback Score

Yes

I just got three more from Santa...
    "That night, I thanked God for seeing me through that day of days and prayed I would make it through D plus 1. I also promised that if some way I could get home again, I would find a nice peaceful town and spend the rest of my life in peace."

MAJ Dick Winters

Feedback Score
    I have 47D's that have been great in my Colt and Kimber. They do not work in my TRP Operator ( dont lock the slide open when empty ). For the TRP I bought a bunch of Springfield mags with the loaded coupon, and they have been 100%.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Wilson's are my favorite. I had my TRP magwell TAPERED so it would fit the 10 rounders.

Get the TRP OVER the Kimber- don't go there.

Welcome to 1911.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I've also experienced the weak springs with the 47D's, now its ETM's & Tripp mags, both run great in my Wilson CQB,

Feedback Score
    I have the Wilson's and CMC power mags. The CMC's are the only mags that work in any 1911 I've put them in. The Wilson's have been sent back and replaced and still choke a series I Kimber Compact I have.

I will only buy CMCs from now on.
    Last edited by OldState; 12-31-12 at 23:53.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm vote for the ETMs.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Any Wilson mag is great because they work and if for some reason they do not at any time during the life of the product you return it and they send you a new one free of charge.

That said, I used 47D mags for five years in my WC Professional Model. I had two of the seven need replacement in that time, which Wilson did free of charge.

Last year I switched to the ETM because they are about 3/16 inch longer, making a little more room for spring. In theory this alleviates spring issues 8 round magazines built in the same length case as 7 round mags have. I have had no issues out of my set of seven mags (through my Professional Model), but only have about 1500 through them to date.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I haven't had a chance to run the CMC's. I usually pick up a 47D when I see them on sale. Never had an issue with one, in fact they helped with feeding issues on a Kimber that I once owned. However, I don't put nearly as many 1911 rounds down range as others on here.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    CMC Powermags are my first choice, Wilson 47 are my other first choice.

The 7 round Wilson 47 is, IMO, the most reliable 1911 magazine out there. They're G.I. mags afterall...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast