Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valmut AK?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Valmut AK?

Hi has anyone herd of a Valmut AK? I have a renter that doesn't have rent this month and wants to bater has AK.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The rifle is actually a Valmet, a Finnish Kalashnikov, basically.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Some of the highest quality AK variants made.

Need a model # and caliber to tell you an approximate value.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I believe its standard AK 7,62 I will find model # tomorrow.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Just spoke with my renter about the velmet rifle he has severial model 76, and a velmet hunter. If I don't want the velmet rifles he also has Arsenal SA M7, or a converted Saiga he would also let go.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A Valmet 76 in 7.62x39mm is EXTREMELY rare, you're looking around $3K.

The vast majority of Model 76's were 5.56mm. The older milled model 62/S was 7.62x39mm only, and there was a less expensive model with the sights of an AKM, the M71. All M71's here in the USA are 5.56mm as well.

A fixed stock M76 in 5.56mm is running around $1.5K or so.

The Hunter (Petra) was offered in the 80's as a sporting rifle, AK action, but looks more like a SAIGA in the way it's layed out.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    The Finnish Valmet and Sako made AK type rifles rank quite high in the category of AK type rifles.

If the weapon has been maintained and the bore is good, you can not go wrong with a Valmet or Sako made M62 or M76 rifle.

During my military service, with the three rifles ( RK 62 ) I was issued at various periods, I did not have one single malfunction with either live ammo or blanks. Neither did I witness any issues with my fellow soldiers.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I dream of a day when a good RK 95 tp clone is available here!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you got an un-marked Galil receiver and spent $1.00 less than the $3K it would take to buy a 7.62x39 Valmet, you could probably have one built...

M_P

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Thanks for all the info on the Velmet AK never herd of it until last night, I am going to take the Arsenal instead of the Velmet I don’t wanna take advantage of the guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast