Thread: Speer Golddot 5.56 64 Grain hollowpoint

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Speer Golddot 5.56 64 Grain hollowpoint

Does anybody have any info on this ammo for the M4. We just got it issued and I would like to know the LE capabilities? Windshield, Car doors? any info appreciated.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tag for more info. I've not heard of this ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    From what research I have done it is a bonded type bullet at a little oer 3,000fps from Speer's test barrel and it does well on every barrier, it is not, however, equal to the TBBC on windshields but it doesn't do poorly either. Again, just from what I have read about it. There was a guy on TOS who sold 1,000 rounds of it and I missed out due to lack fo funds at the time.

Feedback Score
    WS6, Speer uses an ''26 test bbl, correct, a little over 3000 fps, and so it will still be a saami pressure round . no? that is when using this round in a "20 bbl, it will have about 2800 fps.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m700m View Post
    WS6, Speer uses an ''26 test bbl, correct, a little over 3000 fps, and so it will still be a saami pressure round . no? that is when using this round in a "20 bbl, it will have about 2800 fps.
    http://www.le.atk.com/general/speerp...e/default.aspx

Feedback Score
    thanks for the link, WS6

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It'd be nice if ammo manufacturers would publish practical test data for duty loads as a norm rather than 24-26" test barrel. The majority of customers will stick these rounds in guns of about 16". The webpage references use in barrels down to 10". Nada for those. Not unique to ATK.

I have a chrono and use it, and others will get their own results, but having a practical benchmark from the manufacturer would be useful.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks Guys, for all the info, It will be fired from an Colt M-4A1 so I don't think it will go 3000 fps. I am in the process of getting the specs from a partner.