Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How diverse is your collection?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DM-SC View Post
    demigod mentioned another thing that influences my purchases...storage space. It's less costly to add a gun that you already own mags, holsters and ammo for.
    That's why I don't run a .308, or an AK. It'd be a whole other set of ammo cans, mags, etc.

Good point on the holsters too. That's the beauty of the glock system.... much less hosters to buy and store.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've accumulated a number of pistols seeking the best weapon for serious social purposes. About half of my handguns were purchased in the search for the ideal defensive handgun, or for self defense against 4 legged predators.

The other half I have bought for fun and merriment.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Right now just two. A Springer 1911 Gov't model and a G27. The G27 was back-up/off-duty when I was with my former Dept. It's an ankle gun now.

I do want to add a few though. I want a high cap .45, probably a M&P. May swap the G27 for a G26 and pick up a 17. And I want a S&W 325 and a .38 snubby of some flavor.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    I once had a vast, diverse reference collection of service pistols and revolvers in multiple calibers for testing and familiarization.

I have sold almost all of them.

At this point I only use:
    .38 sp J-frames for BUG use
    9 mm out of the box G19/17's for cheap, reliable, ubiquitous handguns
    .45 ACP customized 1911's as I shoot these better than any other handgun
    .44 Mag 629 for wilderness carry

I am planning on getting a couple of .40 S&W M&P's when the ambi-safety models become available.

Also, I always purchase two of any firearm for serious use in order to have one for training and one for carry/duty.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm another one of the guys trying to de-diversify my collection.

As of right now I still have:

For Work:
    -Glock 21 - Duty gun
    -Glock 27 - Backup gun
    -Sig 228 - Plainclothes carry at work
    -S&W 442 w/CTC grips - CCW

For Fun:
    -Two customized Colt 1911's
    -Browning Hi Power
    -Beretta 92 and a 96
    -S&W 686+
    -P-38
    -P-08 Luger

I'm issued a M&P40 and I'm just not thrilled with it. Due to the rising cost of ammo I think I'm going to switch completely over to 9mm Glocks in the near future for work. I also want to pick up a nice 22LR handgun.

Feedback Score
    Currently have:
    Beretta PX4 Storm, 92G Vertec, M9, Billennium
    CZ SP-01
    Ruger KP93
    KelTec P32
    Rock Island 1911
    Navy Colt M1911
    Colt Woodsman .22 LR

Have had (and sold):
    Ruger GP100, KP-89D
    Glock 17, 21
    Walther P99AS, P99C AS
    Steyr M9
    CZ 75BD, 97B
    Sig P228

I buy guns that look interesting and might have a purpose for me (carry, home defense or competition shooting). If they don't work out then they end up finding a new home. The only exceptions are the Beretta M9 and the Billennium -- which have sentimental (M9) and collector (Billy) value.

Next on my list is probably an M&P 9C. I currently carry the PX4 and my son shoots it in USPSA, so it's a keeper. Besides, my wife likes it best for home defense.

Jim
    Stag AR-15 2T, Saiga 7.62x39 AK, Saiga S12 Tactical Shotgun
    Beretta 92G Vertec - M9 - PX4 Storm - 92 Billennium - CX4 Storm 9mm
    CZ SP-01 Tactical - M&P 9 - M&P 9C - Ruger KP93 Colt M1911 - RIA 5" 1911- Kel Tec P-32
    http://home.comcast.net/~navy87guy/home/index.html

Feedback Score
    Pretty diverse.....ranges from target specific models, snubbies, big bore autos, hunting handguns, rare low production models, to engraved collectibles. No plastic guns, just steel and wood. More interested in quality pieces that are considered proven classic designs.

Rule of thumb is to buy high quality, low production numbers, classic designed actions....and always pay more for guns of exceptional condition....because in the long run it'll be worth it.

Feedback Score
    Let's see...

3 1911's
    1 M&P
    1 ruger snubby

Maybe a glock 19 or 9mm M&P in the future. Not very diverse, but I'm not going for that.

I still need a bigger revolver for 4 legged critters.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Pistols are primarily Glocks 17/19/21SF 2 each and 1911s X 6 with a FM Hi Power and Ruger MKII thrown in

Revolvers are primarily L and J frame S&W with a Security Six, a couple of Redhwks and a Blackhawk thrown in

Long guns are all over the place but ARs make a good showing.

Feedback Score
    For serous use, I'm down to:

.223 S&W M&P-15 with Short Dot
    .45 Springfield TRP 1911, on duty and off
    .38 S&W 637 for backup

Pretty soon I'll have to take an issued SIG 220 DAK for on duty. I just don't have the training time to get proficient with anything more.

I have a custom 1911 and a Walther GSP for bullseye competition, and a match AR for highpower.

I have a Remington 700P LTR .308 that I'll start to use for long-range competition, and to take to LE sniper school in a few months, if the chief doesn't cancel my enrollment in sniper school like he did four months ago, which would be four months before yesterday's active shooter incident where we really rather could have used a scout sniper.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast