Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How diverse is your collection?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I've gone through phases, picking up everything I could, to selling off everything but what I felt essential. At one time I only owned 40 S&W pistols, another phase only 45's. I've currently trimmed my collection down rather substantially, and plan to go further. I've sold 3 M&P's recently getting ready for the newer thumb safety models coming out. I've abandoned XD's altogether now, for M&P's and Glocks.

Glocks are the current mainstay: 34(2), 35(1), 17(2), 19(2), 21SF(1).
    Others are:
    M&P 45 w/safety
    Sig 226, Sig 220
    CZ SP01
    Kimber TLE/RL
    Colt XSE (future project gun)
    and a few others I'm forgetting(the reason I'm trimming!)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm pretty limited. G34 and G17, and a G17 for my wife. Fact is, I just can't afford to be more diverse. There are so many cool/interesting/fun pistols out there that I would love to own but right now my needs are covered so I'm satisfied. I might get a G26 eventually to fill that niche.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    S&W 6906 9mm, M&P9c, M&P45
    Barretta PX4 Storm .40
    Glock 23
    CZ82 in 9x18 Makarov

Looking to get a Glock 19 soon.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Wow, some of you guys should be class's with all of the different types. I am jealous, but the budget just wont let me get the "wants". Thanks for the respones

Feedback Score
    My collection consists of:
    - Sig P229R .357 SIG.
    That's it.

Pretty diverse, huh? I definitely plan on adding several more once I have some spare change. On the wish list is a S&W M&P45 midsize, Sig P250 fullsize .45ACP, Wilson Combat 1911 of some type (don't know which model yet), and a Glock 19.

Tspeis

Feedback Score
    My collection is extremely diverse (including nine Steyr M and S-series guns)....mostly in the way of handguns; funny thing is I can only carry what my agency issued me on or off-duty. So, my other guns are for "fun" or home defense.

ToddG Guest
    I hate buying new guns. It's money that could be better spent on ammo and training. The only time I'll buy a new gun is if there is something I have a legitimate need for, but can't cover with my existing "inventory."

I'm happy to sell a gun I'm not using. Most of my early firearms training was funded by selling off "cool" guns and focusing on learning to shoot.

I do have a few exceptions. I worked on a program at Beretta that raised $100,000 for victims of 9/11, and bought one of the guns myself. I worked on a program at SIG that raised $100,000 for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, and I bought one of the guns for myself. I've got a P229R DAK that I received as a gift from SIG for winning a big contract (it was the very first pistol off the line for delivery to ICE). I'll probably never put a single round through any of them, but they're all significant to me on a personal level and I won't sell them.

Unless I really need ammo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Its always been a Glock 19 and a couple 1911's.............but thanks to all of YOU I just broke down and bought a M&P.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123