Thread: DD fixed sights?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

DD fixed sights?

I'm trying to get a DDM4v5 and want to know what is the consensus on the fixed sights. I will be putting on a optic so flip downs would be my first choice. I have only experienced the MBUS sights on my first build but want something nicer of I get a DD.

So should I get with fixed sights and run an optic or go with a reputable set of flip ups? My main concern is the sights getting in the way of the red dot and causing me more time to trying and get on target by looking through 3 points instead of one.
    Last edited by Kenneth; 01-03-13 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If this is a fighting gun, get a lower 1/3rd co witness mount for the optic and the DD fixed sights. If your optic goes down, you'll need backups IMMEDIATELY and won't likely have time to flip up a fold-down rear sight.

I use the setup I described above and when using the optic, the rear sight isn't noticeable at all.

EDIT: I'm assuming the optic you're talking about is a red-dot type. If it's magnified, I'll defer to the recommendations of others.
    Last edited by Traveshamockery; 01-03-13 at 18:28.
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for your reply.

I should clarify that it's not a work gun but for personal use. I want to start going to some classes and actually out some rounds down range. I never get to shoot my AR as it is now and spending 2k on another set up is crazy but I need to get it done. I want a rifle that I buy and cry once per say. I want a strong rifle that isn't afraid of getting thrown around if need be.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Since you're looking for the ultimate in reliability and durability, a fixed rear sight is a no-brainer. Go for the Daniel Defense.
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    DD fixed sights are phenomenal. Like previous poster mentioned, not in the way with a lower 1/3 cowitness.

Feedback Score
    I have used LMT fix sights for a few years now. I have a set on my LWRC with a dot. I have the dot set up so I can look above the rear sight. It works for me. My current (New DD) only has a set of LMT sight on it until I decide if and when I’ll put optics on it.
    Just my 2 cents