Thread: us army stamped colt1911

Feedback Score

us army stamped colt1911

Hey fellas i was pndering th idae of usuing my old US ARMY stamped as a ll around house/self deence pieace. First lt me say it does not hsve mnay round through it and is in great shape...shoots ball ammoe with ease, yet I have never tried any hp through it, which doestn matter as it a belief od my that ballammo is sufficiant through much cercumstances

I do have another colt, thoug it is et up through comp. with the large sights and extremly light and crimps trigger pull, a perect gun for comp.

ive alway wante onother 1911 for self defence and a hopefull carry gun, if that even woukd happen. I have a hi-power, which is basically th same action thats not completley easy to carry. plus i had the tanget sight, and doesnt seem

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by das028 View Post
    Hey fellas i was pndering th idae of usuing my old US ARMY stamped as a ll around house/self deence pieace. First lt me say it does not hsve mnay round through it and is in great shape...shoots ball ammoe with ease, yet I have never tried any hp through it, which doestn matter as it a belief od my that ballammo is sufficiant through much cercumstances
    I do have another colt, thoug it is et up through comp. with the large sights and extremly light and crimps trigger pull, a perect gun for comp.
    ive alway wante onother 1911 for self defence and a hopefull carry gun, if that even woukd happen. I have a hi-power, which is basically th same action thats not completley easy to carry. plus i had the tanget sight, and doesnt seem
    Good god, man! Get a spell checker!
    It would probably be OK with a WWII model but I wouldn't fire a WWI model much, if at all. I wouldn't shoot anything other than standard 230 grain ball ammo in it due to the older 1911s having lower quality metal heat treatment than newer models. No USGI 1911 should be a daily shooter although I'm sure someone will tell you how they have fired thousands of rounds with no problems. Also, you might have a 'smith check it over for any other problems before firing.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    You type like a retard!

If the gun's in safe, functional condition, why not?

I'd prolly toss in a new recoil spring and firing pin spring and check it for function with whatever ammo you're wanting to use.

I wouldn't use an old G.I. pistol as a daily blaster, I'd hate to crack the frame or slide on an oldie!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah, if you shoot & train well with 1911 then there is no reason not to do it. Beside, it is a great gun!

Feedback Score
    Thanx for the advice fellas and the bad grammar...my phones scream it cracked to Hell. I can barely see anything but thats for sticking with me...good loogreat addvice

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by das028 View Post
    Thanx for the advice fellas and the bad grammar...my phones scream it cracked to Hell. I can barely see anything but thats for sticking with me...good loogreat addvice
    I was thinkin' you were probably typing that while you were eating and swerving through traffic.