Thread: Finished a Kahr P45 today.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Finished a Kahr P45 today.

I just finished a Kahr P45 (.45 ACP) today. I removed the standard grenade checkering and stippled the grip 360 degrees. Feed ramp, chamber , and breach face were mirror polished. Trigger job done - double action pull - very smooth 5 lbs.. Mag well opening is enlarged and beveled - for faster mag changes.

Feedback Score
    Looks very nice!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This pistol shoots very nice! I want to get one for myself! 3" groups at 25 yards isn't bad for a short barrel .45 ACP.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks good! What carry ammo do you plan to use?
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    Ray T,

What do you use to create that stippling?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hersh - If it were mine, I would use the Cor-Bon 185 gr +P DPX load. I recommended it to my customer.

Logic - for this pistol, I used a flattened coat hanger thats been heated.

Feedback Score
    Great work! Looks amazing, and I'll bet it's a heck of a lot more comfortable than the factory checkering. Looks sticky.

I like the Kahrs. I wasn't sure about them at first, but my P9 has replaced my Hi-Powers for daily carry as of late, and I think I'm spoiled now. It's so light, it's like I'm not even carrying a gun.
    "If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness" - Theodore Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodyn View Post
    Great work! Looks amazing, and I'll bet it's a heck of a lot more comfortable than the factory checkering. Looks sticky.

I like the Kahrs. I wasn't sure about them at first, but my P9 has replaced my Hi-Powers for daily carry as of late, and I think I'm spoiled now. It's so light, it's like I'm not even carrying a gun.
    Thanks for the comments! Definately feels better than the stock grenade checkering. My stippling, does not grab the clothing, and works so much better than the stock set up when your hands are wet. At the same time, it's not too aggressive.