Thread: ruger 50th anniversary 44 magnum

Feedback Score

ruger 50th anniversary 44 magnum

I have a ruger 50th anniversary 44 magnum flattop which came out with a 6 1/2 inch barrel. I like the revolver but would use and carry it more with a 4 5/8 inch barrel as that is a more comfortable length. I am considering sending this revolver back to ruger to have it rebarreled to the shorter length and am wondering if anyone on this forum has had anything like this done and about how much it cost and what kind of quality and turnaround time ruger has for this type of work. Thanks in advance for any input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    seems like a question for the ruger firearms forum....they do have a dedicated site with some really nice guys over there.

One of them actually sent me a replacement pin for my gp100 for free just because I was asking about replacing a worn one in mine.

Feedback Score
    Rugerforum.net is a great site. Never had a gun rebarreled but I had a 4 5/8ths blackhawk in .45 colt that carried nice. I would love a super blackhawk with 4 5/8ths barrel and unfluted cylinder.
    Last edited by bigghoss; 01-07-13 at 11:59.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Unless you have some sentimental attachment to it, you might consider selling it and getting the gun you really want.

Or you could send it to someone like Hamilton Bowen to cut the barrel for some additional customizing, like a trigger job.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score

flattop 44mag

That is the problem as the gun I want has never been made in production, just custom job.