Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Entire Iraq Army To Get M16's!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    I think this hits closest to the real answer. Arab culture is deeply an "honor culture" and the menfolk tend to get all bent out of shape if they are "humiliated" or "shamed" and I could see the IA having to use the AK/insurgent gun as hurting their pride.

This may be more a morale issue then anything else, sorry to say. Maybe they can send some of those Bulgy AK's back this way...
    Not to get into culture bashing, but that is something I disdain in any society. Shallow pride, not true honor. The real heros are the ones nobody will ever know about.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Maybe we're hooking the IA turds up with M16s to produce a situation where they are dependent on us for parts, ammunition and training....
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    How about this is probably a bad move because. Iraqi's are about as dumb as a bag of hammers and won't be able to figure out how to take it apart to take care of it. Let alone figure out the sights to shoot it.

Sorry, you just can't teach monkeys some things, the AK was a perfect fit for them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mactastic View Post
    How about this is probably a bad move because. Iraqi's are about as dumb as a bag of hammers and won't be able to figure out how to take it apart to take care of it. Let alone figure out the sights to shoot it.

Sorry, you just can't teach monkeys some things, the AK was a perfect fit for them.

May I ask what experience you had with the Iraqis that lead you to this opinion?

Feedback Score
    pm sent

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    Ditto. I have nothing but disdain for the majority of the Iraqi Army.

http://www.sixty-six.org/index.php?id=273

couldn't agree more with Panzer. Watching the ISF is painful. Now and again there will be a good troop but the vast majority are lazy and corrupt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123