Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen Stanley McChrystal showing his true colors... again.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What did you guys expect from this fortunate son with a PSD team? Is that any different then the policians-by-trade who have armed security?

Disheartened yes, surprised not.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    Exactly. American policy is to spread "voting" and "free trade" by disarming households. We are not in the business of spreading the ideas of a Constitution along with a Bill of Rights. We are all for national liberty but not individual liberty overseas.

It is sad to see a general who has spent his entire career in the armed forces has such poor understanding of the Bill of Rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    It is interesting how so many people who consider themselves conservative, and are in favor of small govt, have no problem exporting big govt all over the globe.
    It’s sad. I wrote about it while at CGSC that in law-abiding and armed America we still need a cop on duty for every 1,000 citizens yet we are far from that mark in theater and still want to disarm the citizen.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

This is disheartening.

TOOL!
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With all due respect to the former General, he is looking for new friends. Poor sod, he goes to the people who beat him up. (Although, he did make a serious error in judgment when he and his staff spoke so rashly in front of a Rolling Stone reporter. Really?)
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    He can **** himself for all I care.

Anyone who is surprised by this shit has their head up their ass. And, why the **** should his opinion matter?

Why anyone would expect a career military officer to be a "conservative?" If their career steers them any direction, it's going to be to big government and anti individual liberty. Most flag officers who have come out at all are either neocons or dems. Not satying it's one hundred percent, but certainly more likely.

Edit...

Quote from Wiki

"In 2011, McChrystal advocated instituting a national service program in the United States. "
    Last edited by currahee; 01-08-13 at 11:53.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    But I thought we could count on the LEO/MIL personnel to stand on our side???
    Police officers and soldiers tend to be very pro 2A. But once you climb that ladder high enough you can easily forget your roots and turn into a politician.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I cannot believe that someone with his resume voted for Obama.

I guess he hoped it would help him politically...later on.

Is it true that generals and higher-ups in the Army and Corps are not really in line with the regular troops and are just politicians?

Sad...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Do field-grade and above carry rifles around?

bc

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Reminds me of when I heard who Colin Powell supported. Also very disappointing...

Feedback Score
    I admire the man for his military record, but in reality, he's a closet liberal who admitted voting for Obama, so it's no surprise that he would adopt that stance. I lost respect after the Pat Tillman blue on blue incident and subsequent cover up.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast