Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Appendix Carry Options?

Feedback Score

Appendix Carry Options?

I was wondering who makes good appendix carry holsters?

Should I go Kydex or Leather?

I carry my off duty weapon in a VM-2 which I love, however there are situations
    when I would prefer the appendix option (ie: car or air travel).
    "WORTHY OF TRUST AND CONFIDENCE"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would go with leather there. I had the Bladetech for some time to compare against a leather one and hands down for me, the leather is more comfortable. Mine is a Backwoods Leather(Portsmouth, Va.) I've had it about 12 years now and it still holds open with a tight belt(20 year old Bianchi purchased in FRG). Sweat in SW Va. summers are no problem, leather has a good color to it now. The one thing I would like to see is a less aggressive end on the clip's end. The end jutts outward some and can be harzardous to the clothing. Don Hume and Bianchi makes one similair, the Bianchi appears to ride a little higher.The polymer just seemed and felt to blocky to me, tried both the j hooks and straps, j hooks are way to thick.

Mark

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...TxtModelID=100

http://www.donhume.com/products/Prod...m?ProductID=35
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 02-28-08 at 18:09. Reason: ?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I use a High Noon Hideaway in horse hide. My EDC is a G21SF carried AIWB. Before the 21 it was a G17 in the same holster.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am using a Safariland 27 for AIWB. It works great, is affordable and is available.

Dave Williams

Feedback Score
    Alessi makes a nice one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Alessi makes a nice one.
    Yup the APX... best of the breed in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    I use a High Noon Hideaway in horse hide. My EDC is a G21SF carried AIWB. Before the 21 it was a G17 in the same holster.
    Youre able to hide something as big as the G21 comfortably in the appendix position? I need to rethink this. I have an HK45 that I should try there.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Youre able to hide something as big as the G21 comfortably in the appendix position? I need to rethink this. I have an HK45 that I should try there.
    Yep, It's not too difficult with a quality holster and belt. I'm not sure but I think the HK45 may be a bit wider.

Feedback Score
    AIWB is my preferred carry mode. My favorite holster hands down is the FIST #1K Clip holster w/body protection. It's made out of super-thin Kydex. Thinnest holster on the market period. My carry gun is a G19. I do have a P228 I carry occasionally also. I just purchased a Walther PPS and this will most likely replace the other two as my CCW as soon as FIST gets a mold to make me another holster.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    Yup the APX... best of the breed in my opinion.
    Jason can you post up a pic of the APX or a link to pics/review? I've not been able to find a pic of it anywhere. I'm looking for a good leather AIWB rig for my G19 but I'm trying to minimize the "buy and box" routine I normally go through with holsters.

NVM....found one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast