Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are all the mid-length barrels?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I too have a RRA chrome lined middy, and I had ADCO turn mine down under the handguards. It made a big difference in handling.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I will go with the Noveske and just deal with the weight.

Much appreciated.

Wes

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Engle View Post
    Do you have the specs on these? Barrel steel, twist etc? Also, I know this is a new offering from them but have you heard any long term reports (i.e. high round count) from their other products that you can form some sort of base line opinion on these barrels. I *assume* they will be on par with the rest of their products. BTW, I have not heard a whole lot about their other stuff either.

Thanks for any info.
    Yes. Here they are:

M4 Barrel Ext.
    1/7 Twist
    F Marked FSB
    ROBAR Black oxide finish
    Chrome lined

All their other products are GTG without a single return or issue.

C4

Feedback Score

middie

If you're going to step up to a noveske you might want to look at the Krieger.
    I got the 16" midlength recon and it is a tack driver.

Feedback Score
    I myself am planning on the 16" Sabre but yes, I'm finding they are out of stock everywhere. One place (talonarms.com) indicated they expected them in about a month, maybe less. I'm not in a huge hurry so I figure I'll wait awhile to see if they show up in stock. Gives me more time to refine my first build plan and start gathering the other parts.
    Cheers,
    cc

Feedback Score

ADS

Grant;

any time frame for the ADS middy's. When do you think you will have them?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebisu View Post
    Grant;

any time frame for the ADS middy's. When do you think you will have them?

ADS has advised that they are chroming right now. So I think we will see them soon.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    My set up is similar to Robb's but with a RRA 1/8 SS. With a 4 power ACOG it does 1 MOA till you get past 100 and thats just because I can't do better with that magnification past that.
    Mine is set up similar to Dan's and GotM4?'s only the barrel has not been turned down so its actually very heavy for a 16" gun:

It also uses the S.S. RRA but with a Weaver 1-3.5X22 Classic and a no-name mount and a custom side-charging upper.

Here is an RRA that they custom-built for officer Phil Strader in an outstanding photo that was taken by GotM4?'s wife (9x19) and later published in a major American gun publication:

-however its unconfirmed rumor that he may have since switched to a Saber Defense rifle and an Elcan scope.

Feedback Score
    Quick reminder on price on the ADS upper? Last time I looked middys would be same price as carbine ($525) which includes CMT or LMT BCG, SA or FA. I ordered a CMMG a few months ago ("It'll just be another few weeks)...yeah, thowing dice...since I wanted a LW and the price was right. Now, if the ADS middy is GTG, I may have to go that direction and to heck with the extra oz. past the FS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12