Thread: Handgun ownership for under 21'ers?

Feedback Score

Handgun ownership for under 21'ers?

I know that if you are under 21 you cannot buy a handgun from a dealer, however I *heard* that you can buy one in a private sale. Is there any truth to this, specifically in WA state? If so, how would it affect use i.e., transporting to/from and using at ranges, etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan_Porter View Post
    I know that if you are under 21 you cannot buy a handgun from a dealer, however I *heard* that you can buy one in a private sale. Is there any truth to this, specifically in WA state? If so, how would it affect use i.e., transporting to/from and using at ranges, etc.
    here in bama it is 21 for pistol.18 for long guns .Now I had a CCW when I was 19 ,gee 20 years ago I could not buy from a shop but did buy from a friend of mine ,but things where not as anti-gun as they are now.I would contact your local sheriff and asked.Make sure to get a CCW permit.and learn your weapon.now if you take it to a range as long as it is in the trunk unloaded and locked .I see no problem ,Make sure ammo is not laying right next to the weapon in the trunk.put it away from the pistol.Not sure about your range but if you are under 21 and are with someone older than 21, then you can shoot the pistol.if you are by yourself might be a problem until you are 21 years old.hope this helps some but as I said best bet call the sheriff and talk to them.

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Federally, you're ok, check your local laws.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com