Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPS Core/GENTEX RAC Headset

Feedback Score

OPS Core/GENTEX RAC Headset

Can anyone going to SHOT Show 2013 stop by the Ops Core booth and try and get an update on the RAC communications headset? Im really not interested in pic after pic of maritime cut helmets, but I have a practical need for the headset and have not heard any info since their 2012 Catalog was released. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Update this post on Wednesday if I (or someone else) hasn't done so yet! I always like visiting the OpsCore booth anyways, just have to remember to be looking for specific details
    I do videos with my Tavor: www.youtube.com/user/WildGunmenOsborne

Feedback Score
    Anyone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMedic View Post
    Can anyone going to SHOT Show 2013 stop by the Ops Core booth and try and get an update on the RAC communications headset? Im really not interested in pic after pic of maritime cut helmets, but I have a practical need for the headset and have not heard any info since their 2012 Catalog was released. Thanks!
    Pics of it are in my low light thread.

Feedback Score
    I can't find these for sale anywhere.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bermise View Post
    I can't find these for sale anywhere.
    Many better solutions that much lower profile and lighter available now.

Example
    http://www.silynxcom.com
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Many better solutions that much lower profile and lighter available now.

Example
    http://www.silynxcom.com
    Those plug into 3.5mm devices like cell phones & tablets for listen only. I called their customer service to get info. They don't offer 2pin or TP-120 cables for use with radios yet but they are working on it. They told me they are primarily for cell phone use now. Expensive headphones

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bermise View Post
    Those plug into 3.5mm devices like cell phones & tablets for listen only. I called their customer service to get info. They don't offer 2pin or TP-120 cables for use with radios yet but they are working on it. They told me they are primarily for cell phone use now. Expensive headphones

Incorrect. You need to re-check your info. They may not make the cable you need for your radio but they are COMM units for single and dual COMMS. They do make smart phone listen only cables as well but it's not their primary function.

Tell us exactly what you are trying to accomplish.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    What are you looking for in the RAC that you can't get out of a standard Peltor or Sordin headset, other than it is an OEM system? I am not a big fan of the in-the-ear systems because the SA is nonexistent when you go to a CBRN posture. Plus they can be difficult to fit correctly and are considerably more expensive.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    What are you looking for in the RAC that you can't get out of a standard Peltor or Sordin headset, other than it is an OEM system? I am not a big fan of the in-the-ear systems because the SA is nonexistent when you go to a CBRN posture. Plus they can be difficult to fit correctly and are considerably more expensive.
    I see your point about the in-ear with the factory tips. I always get custom molds made so that becomes a non issue. I feel that the muffs become too hot though they do block sound and provide good hear through if you get quality units.

Crickets on the OP's intended purpose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast