Thread: whats the best primer seater

Feedback Score

whats the best primer seater

plan on realoding for 308, for precision long range shooting.
    I have a regular rcbs hand primer seater., worked alright i guess on handgun cases, whats the very best available?

Feedback Score
    Go here to see everything you need for precision reloading.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/

Feedback Score
    thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjaytuner View Post
    plan on realoding for 308, for precision long range shooting.
    I have a regular rcbs hand primer seater., worked alright i guess on handgun cases, whats the very best available?
    That's all that I use now are the hand type Lee or Rcbs. You can feel the primer seating or if its not going in straight you'll will know it too.
    "you wanna know what i think....it don't really matter what i think. once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit go right out the window!"SFC Hoot Hooten.

( what are you gonna do )" I'm gonna get better and burn their play house down".
    Bob Lee Swagger

Feedback Score
    I don't know how you determine what is "best", but of the widgets I've used I like this:

Feedback Score
    Glen Zediker, the author of Handloading for Competition, says either buy the Lee model or buy the Sinclair model, and don't bother with anything in between.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    Go here to see everything you need for precision reloading.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/
    That sinclair is supposed to be pretty nice.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...999&t=11082005

I've been using one of these since the priming arm that came with my rock chucker broke. I was going to order another one, but I said to hell with it, I like this a hell of a lot more. The tall unit with the cup and spring goes into the ram where you put your shell holder, and the small threaded piece screws into the same place you screw in your dies. I had some PMC brass that had staked primers, and I was able to seat the new primers without much effort and not having to remove the stakes. I takes some time to relearn your hand movements, but I've got it down and can prime a couple hundred shells pretty quickly.

I haven't tried a handheld unit yet. Maybe I should.
    The-Jarhead
    "A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
    "To be born free is the grace of God; to live free is a privilege; to die free is a duty."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Jarhead View Post
    http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...999&t=11082005

I've been using one of these since the priming arm that came with my rock chucker broke. I was going to order another one, but I said to hell with it, I like this a hell of a lot more. The tall unit with the cup and spring goes into the ram where you put your shell holder, and the small threaded piece screws into the same place you screw in your dies. I had some PMC brass that had staked primers, and I was able to seat the new primers without much effort and not having to remove the stakes. I takes some time to relearn your hand movements, but I've got it down and can prime a couple hundred shells pretty quickly.

I haven't tried a handheld unit yet. Maybe I should.
    Used one like that , well close to it for years. Only the last couple of years did I change to hand held type. I've found in my life if it works for you leave it alone. You keep safe over there . patriot.
    "you wanna know what i think....it don't really matter what i think. once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit go right out the window!"SFC Hoot Hooten.

( what are you gonna do )" I'm gonna get better and burn their play house down".
    Bob Lee Swagger

Feedback Score
    I use the system built in to my Redding ultramag and Dillion 550 presses.
    The devil danced as he went down
    In the hail of arrows comin'
    Out on the wild Montana ground,
    Custer died a-runnin'.