Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Competition handgun

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Good on ya. I am an active NRA long range rifle competitor and way too many times I've seen what you just described. People showing up with completely unsuitable or non-compliant (to the rules of what I shoot) rifles and then are pissed off or disappointed.

I think IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) pistol competition is what will be the most enjoyable, most relevant (to an armed civilian), and most affordable form of handgun sport.
    I shoot both IDPA and USPSA. IDPA is fun but USPSA is a lot more fun. Too many restrictions on round count and stage designs in IDPA. Also both are games and not relevant to real life at all.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

A Navy Seal friend of mine was incognito at a Match one time and got lectured on how he didn't shoot the stage "Tactically". He just smiled and we all got a chuckle out of the RO's lecture...

But I believe that MIS (Match Induced Stress) is a good way to take you out of your comfort zone. And if there's a problem with YOU or your equipment, you'll find out in a match. And no mater what happens, you get to go home afterwards (as opposed to the hospital or morgue ).

For those interested, here's a link to the Tactical Shooting Association (TSA) Rule Book:

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/tsa/rulebook.html

And our "Street Gun National Match" is coming up October 18 & 19 !!!

Cheers,

D.R. Middlebrooks
    Tactical Shooting Academy

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRM View Post
    ......For those interested, here's a link to the Tactical Shooting Association (TSA)......
    Hey, this TSA looks way-cool ! ! !

I had no idea you guys had all this going on, and practically right next door (I'm in Richmond). I'm going to check-out your web site, and see about catching up with you all at some point.

BTW - my sole handgun is a Glock 19, and I have a relatively plain-jane AR and Rem. 11-87. Think I'd "fit in"?

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Yep, you'd fit right in with the rest of the crew. Our Matches are held on the 1st Saturday of each month. We're working on some 3-Gun dates now, too...

D.R.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yep, you'd fit right in.......
    Thanks. Nice web site BTW.

......We're working on some 3-Gun dates now.....
    Would be very interested there. Most things around are pistol only.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    DRM - I'm looking foward to making it out for one of your matches.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    DRM - I'm looking foward to making it out for one of your matches.
    Cool! Look forward to meeting you...

They're holding one this Saturday here at my school, but I won't be here, as I'll be teaching a class in Key Largo April 3-4.

But just remember we hold matches on the 1st Saturday of each month and the TSA Nationals will be held the 3rd weekend in October.

Dave Sevigny, Ricks Simes and some other Grand Masters are coming, so it will be a blast.

Cheers,

D.R. Middlebrooks
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345