Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: US Optics SR8 (1-8x30mm)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

US Optics SR8 (1-8x30mm)

Is going to debut at SHOT. Anyone think this is going to be the "one"?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do you have any other details on this?

edit: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/01/u-s-...#axzz2HfQTBZDP
    Last edited by BigLarge; 01-11-13 at 05:55.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Gonna have to wait till SHOT.

"Featuring the new 8:1 zoom ratio, the SR8 can be used similarly to that of a red-dot reflex sight at true 1x, making it one of the first variable power optics with a true 1x magnification. The SR8 allows this while providing threat identification and engagements at distances in excess of over 800 yards.

The optical clarity of the SR8 is achieved through a precision-engineered lens system, with advanced lens coatings for superior performance in the harshest conditions. With the simple push of a button, a Second Focal Plane (SFP) red-dot can be turned on and used in total daylight, while the First Focal Plane (FFP) reticle allows for ranging and the MIL knobs and reticles offer exact dimensional accuracy.

As with all U.S. Optics scopes, the SR8 is constructed of Type III hard-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum; making it extremely durable and lightweight. Combined with the low profile sleek design, the new SN-8 makes for a snag free tool in all shooting situations."

Feedback Score
    Hmmmm that looks nice. I have one USO scope, a SN3 on my bolt gun. They make some excellent glass..

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

Close, but no cigar for me.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...qvzeUnEg-_2ibw

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "$1945 with just the FFP reticle, $2450 with FFP reticle and RFP daylight visible red dot. New push button rheostat being made right now to control both FFP and RFP in one module.

Will have some video from the range tomorrow.
    John III"

ohhh my...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    USO needs to get away from that push-button illumination for the SFP dot. One of the great advantages of the Aimpoints are the stupid easy, stupid fast brightness adjustments. When moving in between drastically changing lighting conditions, dicking around with a push-button rheostat is just asking for a pain in the ass if any sort of haste is required. Whether using it socially or recreationally. If I see a whitetail on a sunlit ridge and I have to make a quick shot I want to dump the brightness up to a usable level quickly, and I would imagine that someone who has to use this in a CQB role of some sort would quickly want to be able to dim the dot portion to account for inside lighting levels so he's not fighting the starburst to get a viable sight picture.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion based on hunting with a red dot where quick shots in changing lighting conditions are the norm. If they offered this is a standard rheostat I think this would be damn close to the optic that a bunch of companies wished they could bring to market.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarge View Post
    "$1945 with just the FFP reticle, $2450 with FFP reticle and RFP daylight visible red dot.
    Not at that price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    USO, while being great quality, needs to work on their form.

They are all hideous, clunky, blocky optics that are too big and look unrefined for the price they command.

If they could clean them up a little, fix some of the problems mentioned with controls, they would be a much bigger player in the optics realm.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    BTW, It's 27mm Obj. w/ a 30mm tube

I'm running one on my SCAR 17S, Colt 6940 & LMT LS7 w/ great results.
    Running CDMIL Blue Ret & works well for me w/ NVD & plethora of other environs.
    Weighs approx. <22 oz. is compact for me & I run it w/ a US Optics SPM that is minimal in weight & signature.
    FFP Optic & in future will it have RED DOT in center illum as an option similar to the IOR Valdada Eliminator Optic below at a better price point.
    http://www.valdada.com/1-10x26-elimi...i-illumination

FYI, The first GEN 1 that came out a few weeks ago ahead of Shot Show do not & will not be retrofittable.

I paid $1815.00 for contractor price & it has been worth every penny. Even makes me think about giving up NF 2.5x10x24 which has been the panacea "go to optic" for me up to this point for a number of reasons & MEN's. I can sacrifice the additional 2x on the top end for the 1.5x gain on the bottom end & the Co-Witness capability needed at 0-100 yd engagements.

I prefer the USO 1x8x27 to the Leupy 1.1x8 which has come down in price point considerably from where it started.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast