Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NY's Gun Community Has Gone Insane (Help Define The Actual Laws)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hehuhates View Post
    I bet the police will be overwhelmed with people kicking the door in to register their guns.
    LOL ya I bet
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    So glad I left that state when i did. I'd pay money to see my own face the first time I went to a gun store in Va and the clerk let me hold a handgun! Didn't even know handguns were legal, and I was 22 at the time. Oh we'll that's what you get for growing up on Long Island I guess. My dads struggling to make sense of all this (he's still behind enemy lines), I think he's more pissed because his wwII Mauser just became an assault weapon. You know with its evil bayonet lug and all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You guys are currently arguing over a law that just got superseded...
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    As a 23 year (so far) cop in Florida, I can tell you that NY has the most ****ed up convoluted laws I have ever seen. Reading about all those poor ****ers in that God forsaken state makes me shiver at what's in store for the rest of us now that the infection has spread. Florida's laws are a little vauge when it comes to certain things with firearms but NY's seems to be specifically worded to cause confusion. I feel bad for brother and sister officers who have to work in that enviorment. I also find it funny that while we in Florida honor NY's concealed carry permits, NYC does not return the favor even for out of state cops...some brotherhood. One of many reasons I'll never visit there again.

Most cops up to and including Feds wouldn't know a pre-ban or post ban whatever if you butt stroked them with it which is part of the problem. Speaking from experience, most cops are ignorant when it comes to guns which is where many of the problems come from. I've always wanted some rookie to ask to see my rifle to see if it was compliant. if you want to look at the guts of the thing to see how many US made parts are in it or when the mag was made, get a search warrant if you think you can articulate it well enough. Maybe in NY but not in FL.

Feedback Score
    Hey y'all and greetings from TX.

I'm gonna say first that it's a ****ing travesty what your state legislature has done to you and I hope for the best and that it can all be overturned based on the unconstitutionality of it all.

That said the main reason I am posting this here is partly because even though I've been on M4C a while, I've done the recommended thing (read more~post less~search often) and therefore haven't reached that all important post count to post in GD.

I was reading about the situation in the GD section and saw a few references to the FOP being in support of the legislation that was passed. To say this disturbs me would be a gross understatement. Can anyone here LEO or not confirm that and whether it was the state body of the FOP or a local lodge?

Thanks in advance and y'all keep your powder dry.

Lobo

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    http://www.scopeny.org/index.html

please sign this
    http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/kathleen-a-marchione

Add your name to the suit
    Lawyer : Jim Tresmond, Attorney in Buffalo, New York. Attorney phone is 716.202.4301
    Successfully represented clients in the past, on Second Amendment issues in NYS Supreme Court. This
    case is pro-
    bono for all the gun owners of New York. According to Mr. Tresmond, the new ban is illegal as it is
    an ex-facto law taking away previously owned property and he intends to file this action in Federal
    Court.
    We are looking for as many as possible to add to CLASS ACTION CASE:
    SEND Your Name and EMAIL ADDRESS and phone number to:
    psacco1@twcny.rr.com
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    OH Boy! Just printed out the new/changes to NYS CPL and penal law, etc. 54 pages

You would think they could write this stuff in understandable english. I'll be pouring over this for the next two days.

I've had retired LEO's calling me all day asking questions about what to do with their now "high cap mags".

Right now all I can say is hold on to them until they come knocking on your door

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    ........I can't wait until 2015 when my fiancé and I can move. It's not just the government here, it's the general public too. They're total assholes. They're pushy, selfish, ignorant, arrogant, elitist, impatient and superficial. **** this state.
    I felt the same way when I lived in the SF Bay Area. Finally moved to MI and halleluiah! The people here are so much nicer, educated, polite. Should have done it sooner.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aguila327 View Post
    OH Boy! Just printed out the new/changes to NYS CPL and penal law, etc. 54 pages

You would think they could write this stuff in understandable english. I'll be pouring over this for the next two days.

I've had retired LEO's calling me all day asking questions about what to do with their now "high cap mags".

Right now all I can say is hold on to them until they come knocking on your door
    My wife has read it twice and she goes to work and they all get into fights over what it means. She has instructed me that we have a year,there not coming to the house, how could they? The DA office in Ontario county has had a long standing order out not to bring any so called high cap mag violations in front of it, I only mention that as a point of reference to the local climate. A lot can happen in a year. I read it but not being versed in Penal law leaves me a little off center compared to her. They are never coming knocking, can you imagine the ramifications this would have? People are not going to give up there guns! Its suicide for LE, I am very scared for her right now to say the least for all of you.

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    The DA office in Ontario county has had a long standing order out not to bring any so called high cap mag violations in front of it, I only mention that as a point of reference to the local climate.
    Again, my mother goes way back with DA Tantillo. I've never heard of such an order. What's your source on this? PM me if it's sensitive or whatever.

(I have had OCSD officers tell me that they couldn't give less of a shit if I or anyone else has full-cap mags. But I hadn't heard that was actual policy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast