Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some input on PWS "Enhanced" BCG

Feedback Score

Need some input on PWS "Enhanced" BCG

While out on the road this week on business, I began to call every gun shop in Indiana. I seriously almost gave up after about 30+ dead end phone calls...then I found one.

Guy says he's got two in stock, one complete with Bolt...the other just the carrier.

Anyway, The staking is outstanding! Seems even more aggressive than my BCM. It's an "anti-tilt" type design. It seems to have some sort of coating other than the usual Mil-Spec type which is on my BCM and other guns. The coating is slicker than Bill Clinton sweet talking Hilary after she catches him with lipstick on his pecker...

Anyhow...I can't find shit for specs after I bought it. Can anyone tell me any specs? Coating, Steel type, bolt grade, chime lined or not etc.

The only thing I can find is that it's got an Isonite coating which is ~70 HRC...low coefficient if friction, high surface lubricity...but I can't find anything mechanical in nature, and that's what I'm after.

Any help would be appreciated!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the read!

I agree that this product is nothing more than a re-invention of the wheel. With that said, in the current climate, I was more or less forced to buy it. I won't pay $300-500 for a BCM or DD bolt. So at $200 for a complete bolt albeit "different" I bought it. The simple fact is you just can't buy one right now...this was all I could find statewide...so I bit.

With that said, since the link you shared lacked any actual field testing...I'll be the guinea pig I guess.

I'll report back after initial firing...and each successive 1000 rounds. I'll report malfunction of any type, cleaning ease, performance benefits or lack thereof. And if it doesn't work...I'll chalk it up to a shitty "frenzy" purchase. Something tells me though, I'll probably have zero problems...and won't be able to tell any significant difference.

Mods, you can close this thread now if you want.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I ordered a Carrier from PWS to try... have NO idea when it might ship...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I bought a stripped one from Brownells back when they were like $80. It is not coated but instead melonited. I bought all Colt innards for it at the same time. So far so good but I've only used it for about 500 rounds.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I find it interesting how PWS actually increased the bearing area of the rails and claims it reduces friction of the carrier in the upper. LMT went the opposite direction on their enhanced carrier and reduced the area of the rails compared to a standard one.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    I find it interesting how PWS actually increased the bearing area of the rails and claims it reduces friction of the carrier in the upper. LMT went the opposite direction on their enhanced carrier and reduced the area of the rails compared to a standard one.
    I messed with that LMT enhanced carrier last week and did NOT like it at all. Tried it in two uppers with two different bolts and it was not right.

Had to force the bolt in and out of battery... I didn't even fire a single live round with that thing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I messed with that LMT enhanced carrier last week and did NOT like it at all. Tried it in two uppers with two different bolts and it was not right.

Had to force the bolt in and out of battery... I didn't even fire a single live round with that thing.
    Wanna sell it to me?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's actually Pappabear's. I'm just borrowing a carrier from another gun until supply catches up.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's actually Pappabear's. I'm just borrowing a carrier from another gun until supply catches up.
    Gotcha...worth a try lol.

FYI, if that carrier is new, it takes a couple hundred rounds for it to "break in". They use some kind of rough finish that feels like it adds some friction, making it harder to close completely if you ride the bolt forward...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast