Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: noveske vs daniel defense vs bcm

Feedback Score

noveske vs daniel defense vs bcm

Ok. so im in a dilemma. im trying to decide which ar-15 is better.
    what im looking for is a high quality ar-15 preferred lo pro gas block ( DD and Noveske have a pinned lo pro gas block which is a big plus for me. BCM is set screwed. Not so hot on the set screws) i do like a hammer forged bbl which all of the above have. I also like a gov. profile bbl with a midlength gas system. i think the noveske has the best bbl because it uses the same bbl steel as the m249 SAW and has chrome lining 2x thicker than milspec for longevity.( not a big deal cause i am not gonna be shooting the hell out of it, but it will get probably close to 1000-2000 rounds per year down the pipe.) I am only 15 so im not sure i have the funds for the noveske, and also John noveske died jan.4 2013 so idk if the companies quality will struggle or if the company will cease to exist in a year or so. I also know the assault weapons ban is a big thing with all the liberals in office. thank God the republicans have the house, but not by a big margin. so my questions were which gun would you prefer ( and what caliber). anyone with personal experience with any company listed or any other company for that matter.and also i was wandering what y'alls opinions were on weather the assault weapons ban will pass or not. My uses for this ar15 will be hog hunting here in the big TEX. and also using it for longish range out to 600yd or so. i would like the rifle to be atleast moa, which i think is where the noveske shines, being able to hold groups around 1/2 moa. by the way: we have a 5.56 suppressor so i am leaning towards that for my caliber choice but im not sure. any suggestions appreciated.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is this real life?

Feedback Score
    Um first off. good luck finding anything right now, much less good shit like the stuff you listed. Atleast your not thinking about dpms or something.

If you dont have a 556 gun then its a no brainer dude. I started out with a 6.8 cuz a bunch of guys that thought they knew what they were doing told me that 556 bounces off people and cant kill them. I was a shitty shooter because it cost me a dollar a bullet to practice. and was a huge waste of my time and money. Get the any of the three brands get something simple and shoot the **** out of it before you upgrade it.

**that saw barrel is sillyness. You dont even have an AR. Why do you need one that has "3 times" the barrel life?
    Last edited by NeoNeanderthal; 01-14-13 at 17:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Only 15? so you cannot legally buy a rifle as of yet?

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    You're gonna need a stainless barrel, good glass, good ammo and good skill to hold 1moa out to 600 yds.

Buy mags.

Rifles ain't goin' anywhere.

You'll probably get into a BCM for least amount of money, DD and Noveske are a little more, but Noveske's stainless barrels are tops.

So the only question you need to ask yourself is:

How much is my allowance?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Get all three

Feedback Score

Talking

good one samuse. got a job though . ive literally called over 30 gun stores and no one had any of the nice guns. pmags are running for $40 at my local gun store when they have them in stock. they were $60 and they said the couldnt keep them in stock even for 60. me and pa have a few mags and ar15's but i just wanted one for myself. even though it would be bought under my dads name. I looked at stainless bbl but idk it it is gonna last as long as i need it too.( hopefully 10,000 rds.) how much do you think chrome lining would decrease accuracy on a hammer forged bbl? also what kinda glass do you recommend? we also are getting a larue obr thats on order in 7.62x51 NATO. so we kinda got the big semi auto area covered with that

Feedback Score
    At 2k rounds per year, Noveske's stainless barrel will outlast you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Learn to spell and capitalize. If you are too lazy to construct a well written post don't expect people to take you seriously and take the time to hand out advice.

With that said any of those rifles would serve you well. I think some of your "requirements" are unrealistic. Don't get caught up in the minutia of details and specs. Concentrate on learning safe, responsible gun ownership and marksmanship. It is perfectly acceptable (and realistic) to shoot 2-3" groups at 100 yes with irons or a dot with non-match grade ammo. All this 600 yd, sub MOA talk is bull shit and the vast majority of shooters aren't capable of that kind of shooting even if their gear is, regardless of what you read on the intarweb.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Noveske is the way to go if you have the money, but other than that BCM will get the job done
    Last edited by PhoPoweR; 01-14-13 at 18:40.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast