Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 SHOT Show Threads

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting color pics for sure. That rail on the gold rifle looks interesting. I also like that lower with the flares mag well. My next build will include a flared magazine lower and a billet upper.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post
    If Bill tells me this Glock mount is designed at the request of a tier one unit that does a lot of hostage work, I would wholeheartedly believe him.
    Geissele is a solid company with an impeccable reputation, so I have no doubt that if they say a product was requested by a Tier one unit, it was in fact requested.

WRT making money, I'm sure if it was requested by a unit, there is a contract vehicle / money behind it for R&D and production.

Dano5326 Guest
    I have 80K rds on one of Bill's triggers... w/o issue, while burning through several carbines. At this time, best in class period.

While milling ones slide, and adding a red dot of some sort, may be the rage among some. As you burn through high rd counts, on a slide mounted dot. you will get an optic failure. None are sufficiently robust to be counted on indefinitely.

Also a much more consistent sight picture is presented w/o optic cycling to & fro. The displayed product meets a professional requirement, although likely not yours.

The organizations that pay for specialized equipment.. pay what's required for low rate specialized equipment. It's not charity. The vendors agile enough to meet these requirements will also benefit from massive institutional knowledge and rd counts unheard of elsewhere.

It's clear MK18 pilot flies his mouth more than a CQBR. I'd suggest pondering more, typing less.

Feedback Score
    Great pics, as always. Did they give you any more information about the "extended, modular 6940", such as a release date?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not to derail the previous posts, and I know this was just put out, but did SMGLee get any trigger time with the Glock? Did anyone? I ask because I dig it but I know there were reliability issues with Glocks and hanging lights off them. Also how accurate would that mount be attached to a plastic rail?

Not trying to start any BS. I'm honestly curious regarding the long term viability of the mount.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Will this mount for the Glock be available to civilians ? This looks very interesting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayoneone View Post
    Not to derail the previous posts, and I know this was just put out, but did SMGLee get any trigger time with the Glock? Did anyone? I ask because I dig it but I know there were reliability issues with Glocks and hanging lights off them. Also how accurate would that mount be attached to a plastic rail?

Not trying to start any BS. I'm honestly curious regarding the long term viability of the mount.
    I did not have any trigger time on it, but i did spend fair amount of finger f78king time on it. I love the way it looks, and what normal guy doesn't with this kind of machine work on a gun part? but would I buy one to use on my Glock, as I shoot mostly local USPSA and IDPA matches, I would have no use in the production class I shoot in. but if I have the cash to build a my Glock is cooler than your Glock Glock.....It would be tops on my choice along with gunsmithing work done by ATEi.....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayoneone View Post

Competition shooters have been running frame mounts for optics on Glocks for years.

Reliability issues with lights being attached have been fixed through a number of upgrades to the magazine assembly, as well as in the introduction of the Gen4 40's.

I'm sure accuracy exceeds what the end user with factory ammo is typically capable of.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    Bill's equipment has been vetted under worse circumstances than 99% of us will ever face... that's something to be proud of, and I can't fault him one bit for being honest about it.
    This pretty much sums it up. Unless someone's personally been inside GA, specifically Bill's office, I would suggest that you keep your assumptions of what goes on behind closed doors to yourself. Anyone that knows Bill will tell you he is as straight arrow as they come and will attest to his character.

I got a good chuckle reading this thread.

And where did that $10k number come from? You'd be surprised how cheap it is to make a prototype on a 3D printer. Just saying...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Geissele Automatics @ SHOT 2013 by SMGLee

Will the mag well be able to be mounted on your EDC Glocks?
    Last edited by ridgerunner70; 01-30-13 at 23:03.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast