Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 SHOT Show Threads

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Did John design keymod or Eric at Vltor?
    Very curious as to this question myself mt. For some reason I imagined John coming up with the idea and him and Eric perfecting it. Where that thought camefrom cannot be backed up.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re: Knight's Armament @ SHOT 2013 by SMGLee

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    That is a great point... I assumed since Noveske introduced it and brought it to market that they designed it. I don't remember Vltor being involved in many of the threads when it was being brought to market but I could have easily missed it.

For some reason I thought this was one of John's pet projects but that could be off the mark. I was surprised to see it pop up with another AR manufacturer, as that certainly would dilute any market share that you might have enjoyed as the sole company offering it. I think I saw a bolt gun company offering it also.
    I think Vltor introduced it and released the specs as "open source" to be used by other manufacturers. I just don't know where the concept originated or if Noveske played a role vs being an early adopter.

Edit: found it

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=109706
    Last edited by mtdawg169; 01-29-13 at 18:48.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash1023 View Post
    jesus, are they gonna design a holster for that monstrosity????
    Where there's a will, there's a way. Just like the HK M320s had a dropleg holster designed for 'em.
    OIF/OEF vet (Ramadi/Hit & Ghazni)
    Former Army infantry squad leader
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    NR-EMT

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash1023 View Post
    jesus, are they gonna design a holster for that monstrosity????
    This is the reason the whole "design(ed) at the request of a tier one unit that conducts a lot of hostage rescue work" reeks of tier one bullshit. That mount is little more than an adaptation of one of the myriad of USPSA Open Class optics mounts that have been available for years.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    Here is the 2013 catalog:

http://www.surefire.com/media/wysiwy...rochure_ps.pdf

Somewhat disappointed at the low white light output of the M300V as I was lead to believe it was going to 200 lumens but it's still something.
    Those lights don't look like the ones shown at SHOT. No x300v, x400v-IR. The m300v should have a higher output.

Those look like the ones shown at last years SHOT. I'll be severely disappointed if that catalog is this years lineup. I was planning on a couple of the new V lights from SF, but I'll skip it if the lights in that catalog are what will be available this year.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I think Vltor introduced it and released the specs as "open source" to be used by other manufacturers. I just don't know where the concept originated or if Noveske played a role vs being an early adopter.

Edit: found it

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=109706
    Thanks for that! Much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    This is the reason the whole "design(ed) at the request of a tier one unit that conducts a lot of hostage rescue work" reeks of tier one bullshit. That mount is little more than an adaptation of one of the myriad of USPSA Open Class optics mounts that have been available for years.
    If your gonna call bullshit on an outfit like Geissele in regards to their reasoning behind a design, than you better be sporting the goods to back up your bullshit claim.

If ALG said that was the reason it was brought to the market, then I most certainly believe it given Geissele/ALG's impeccable record for being honest, and overall transparent. If you knew the history of ALG, and Geissele it would make perfect sense to you, as ALG's primary mission as a company is to make kit exactly like that glock mount, and the ALG triggers.....or kit geared specifically for LEO/Mil requirements.

Do you doubt the several other specific tier one requests for kit from Geissele such as the HK rails, or SSF triggers?

For the record, Geissele and ALG don't have a marketing department or even an employee dedicated to doing marketing for their products.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-29-13 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    I would concur with you about Tier one bull shit marketing if it was anyone else, but Bill Geissele is a stand up guy and vetted by industry heavyweights. Mr Geissele developed the HK 416 rail at the request of Delta, and now Delta is having their guns deliver from HK with the Geissele rail pre-installed.

If Bill tells me this Glock mount is designed at the request of a tier one unit that does a lot of hostage work, I would wholeheartedly believe him.

Feedback Score
    Now I am going to save $ for a Glock 17 FDE.

And will get a Bill's mount on it

Feedback Score
    Looks like you got there before I did! I arrived on day 2 and swapped it out for the final production sample with the ultra-matte finish (no gloss)!

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast