Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P10 .308 - SHOT news?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: S&W M&P10 .308 - SHOT news?

Quote Originally Posted by gergregg View Post
    A2 buffer tube and rifle buffer in hand and waiting on the PRS. Also, waiting on the dd 12.0 lite rail and BCM Gunfighter charging handle. Will keep this updated when it all arrives.
    That's very close to the same set up I was going after. I'm just being tight so I was gonna wait awhile. Post some pics when you're done. That might be the push that I need.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Ryno12; 02-22-13 at 06:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trackmagic View Post
    I'm not sure if this is Grant's suggestion, but I have heard a few people say they wish the gas block was pinned. I guess the clamp on ones can potentially slip.
    I've seen a test on mil morons with a clamped on gas block. Vltor essentially welded an adapter for a torque wrench on a clamp on gas block and increased torque values on the wrench until they could rotate the gas block.

The barrel index pin sheared before they could rotate the clamp on gas block, which took a ridiculously high amount of torque.

Don't worry about a properly installed clamp on gas block.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    A2 buffer tube and rifle buffer in hand and waiting on the PRS. Also, waiting on the dd 12.0 lite rail and BCM Gunfighter charging handle. Will keep this updated when it all arrives.
    This will be my first .308. I have a M&P-15 so am familiar with the "AR" platform.

I want to change the stock to a PRS as well. Do I need to get an A2 buffer tube and rifle buffer to do so? If so, can you tell me where you got yours? And were you able to find a PRS stock in stock anywhere? I want a black one but everywhere I looked were out of stock.

Should be picking up my M&P-10 from dealer tonight. Magpul mid-length handguards, scope mount, and scope scheduled for delivery tonight as well.

EDIT: Do you only need the A2 buffer tube if you want to use the "AR-15" Magpul PRS? If I can find the .308 Magpul PRS stock, I can use the existing buffer tube?
    Last edited by mrjinglesusa; 02-22-13 at 11:17.

Feedback Score
    double tap
    Last edited by rsgard; 02-22-13 at 11:49.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post
    This will be my first .308. I have a M&P-15 so am familiar with the "AR" platform.

I want to change the stock to a PRS as well. Do I need to get an A2 buffer tube and rifle buffer to do so? If so, can you tell me where you got yours? And were you able to find a PRS stock in stock anywhere? I want a black one but everywhere I looked were out of stock.

Should be picking up my M&P-10 from dealer tonight. Magpul mid-length handguards, scope mount, and scope scheduled for delivery tonight as well.

EDIT: Do you only need the A2 buffer tube if you want to use the "AR-15" Magpul PRS? If I can find the .308 Magpul PRS stock, I can use the existing buffer tube?
    It has the milspec diameter AR15 buffer tube. Just confirmed by putting the magpul moe stock from my ar15 onto my mp10. Only difference is the MP10 buffer tube is 1/2 inch longer.
    Last edited by rsgard; 02-22-13 at 11:48.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    That's very close to the same set up I was going after. I'm just being tight so I was gonna wait awhile. Post some pics when you're done. That might be the push that I need.

Will do with the pics. Most of the stuff should be here Monday with the exception of the rail. Ordered it directly from DD because it was the only place that showed stock that I saw.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post

Yes, the PRS either the AR15 or 10 version both connect to a rifle/A2 buffer tube. I believe the only difference between the two is a shorter cheek area to allow clearance for the charging handle on the 10. From the research I did you will need the rifle/A2 tube and AR10 rifle buffer. The springs appear to be the same for both rifle/fixed and collapsible tubes.

Got my stuff from:

Primaryarms had the AR10 rifle buffer and I picked up an extra spring.
    PKfirearms had the black AR10 prs in stock and rifle/A2 tube.

PK doesn't seem to have any currently in stock. If they have stuff listed they say they have it and it shipped very quickly.

We will see how this all goes together and how it functions afterwards. The thing about these .308's is there is a fair amount of variation/proprietary stuff to each manufacturer and the smith is so new.

Make sure and put some pics of your build up!
    Last edited by gergregg; 02-22-13 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    Yes, the PRS either the AR15 or 10 version both connect to a rifle/A2 buffer tube. I believe the only difference between the two is a shorter cheek area to allow clearance for the charging handle on the 10. From the research I did you will need the rifle/A2 tube and AR10 rifle buffer. The springs appear to be the same for both rifle/fixed and collapsible tubes.

Got my stuff from:

Primaryarms had the AR10 rifle buffer and I picked up an extra spring.
    PKfirearms had the black AR10 prs in stock and rifle/A2 tube.

PK doesn't seem to have any currently in stock. If they have stuff listed they say they have it and it shipped very quickly.

We will see how this all goes together and how it functions afterwards. The thing about these .308's is there is a fair amount of variation/proprietary stuff to each manufacturer and the smith is so new.

Make sure and put some pics of your build up!
    Awesome - thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead and order the rifle buffer and rifle/A2 tube.

Will do on the pics - can't wait to pick this up tonight.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wouldn't you just use the buffer and spring that came with the S&W AR10 with the PRS stock? What am I missing here?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog537 View Post
    Wouldn't you just use the buffer and spring that came with the S&W AR10 with the PRS stock? What am I missing here?
    Yeah, I was wondering the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast