Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P10 .308 - SHOT news?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsgard View Post
    Anyone have any 10 shot groups yet? I havent been able to find anything on accuracy yet.
    Not 10 shot groups, but this guy shot his:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/6..._308__10_.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog537 View Post
    gergregg, Thanks for the info. The other link helped too. Now that the stock question is squared away, lets hear some ideas for a front rail and which low pro gas block works. Also, KEEP THE PICTURES COMING!!!!
    I'm putting the daniel defense 7.62 12.0 lite rail ( dpms barrel nut which is supposed to be compatible with the smith) on with daniel defense low profile gas block. Gas blocks are interchangeable with the ar15 platform from what I understand.

Feedback Score
    Got some good second hand news on the accuracy of the rifle from a local swat team member. He said one of their snipers purchased one and was very very impressed with the accuracy of the M&P 10. I'm not sure how you quantify "very very" but it was nice to hear from someone who has shot a lot on the 308 AR platform and does it for a living. Have to see if I can get a hold of some grouping pictures.

Feedback Score
    The AR10 PRS is on there is no issues You don't have to worry about the spring for the take down pin that is normally under the end plate on an ar15 when removed the tube. It is located under the grip on the 10.

The BCM gunfigher charging handle is a different story though. It was a no go after trying to put the bolt in and pushing everything forward into place. Things got very tight. Removed the BCM and noticed a distinct difference at the forward top section of the charging handle that ends up under that gas tube. There is a raised portion on the top that was not present on the factory smith part (it does exist on both bcm and smith ar15 parts). I did a little comparative measuring with a micrometer to see if there were any other differences and the BCM is ever so slightly wider but that does not seem to be an issue. The issue appeared to be the height with that raised area. I decided to sacrifice the the bcm charging handle and filed the top area flat. Things could now function but I measured and more material would have to be removed to get it to the factory height and you could still feel a distinct difference (tightness) between factory and BCM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: S&W M&P10 .308 - SHOT news?

Quote Originally Posted by gergregg View Post
    The AR10 PRS is on there is no issues You don't have to worry about the spring for the take down pin that is normally under the end plate on an ar15 when removed the tube. It is located under the grip on the 10.

The BCM gunfigher charging handle is a different story though. It was a no go after trying to put the bolt in and pushing everything forward into place. Things got very tight. Removed the BCM and noticed a distinct difference at the forward top section of the charging handle that ends up under that gas tube. There is a raised portion on the top that was not present on the factory smith part (it does exist on both bcm and smith ar15 parts). I did a little comparative measuring with a micrometer to see if there were any other differences and the BCM is ever so slightly wider but that does not seem to be an issue. The issue appeared to be the height with that raised area. I decided to sacrifice the the bcm charging handle and filed the top area flat. Things could now function but I measured and more material would have to be removed to get it to the factory height and you could still feel a distinct difference (tightness) between factory and BCM
    I have no issues with my BCM CH. It works great.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Ryno12; 02-25-13 at 19:14.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I have no issues with my BCM CH. It works great.

Really... where did you get yours from?? Wow... I got mine from BCM and while I could force it, it was not operating how it should. I modified the top and could finally get the bolt to seat but it still wasn't good. There was also a lip on the underside I had to remove to get it to function normally.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Really... where did you get yours from?? Wow... I got mine from BCM and while I could force it, it was not operating how it should. I modified the top and could finally get the bolt to seat but it still wasn't good. There was also a lip on the underside I had to remove to get it to function normally.
    Got it from BCM, arrived today. I didn't get a chance to shoot it but cycled manually with no issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Got it from BCM, arrived today. I didn't get a chance to shoot it but cycled manually with no issues.

What size did you get?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What size did you get?
    Medium... Mod 4, I think.

Feedback Score
    I've got a Medium Mod4 BCM CH on its way to me that I can check as well. Would S&W use a proprietary CH? Seems weird.

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast