Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P10 .308 - SHOT news?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is this thing chrome lined? Also why 18" and no 16" option?

Sticking with the AR10 infantry weight carbine.
    Last edited by JPB; 02-02-13 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Because when it comes to the 308, an 18 inch barrel is more civilized
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score

S&W M&P10 .308 - SHOT news?

Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post

It is Melonited instead of chromed. With the 5R rifling, it may be more accurate than a chrome lining, and nearly as durable.
    Last edited by Redbeardsong; 02-03-13 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Because when it comes to the 308, an 18 inch barrel is more civilized
    That and it's lighter than most of the 16" options currently available.

I'm looking forward to getting one in 18". It won't replace my 901, but I will probably hunt with it more.

But I'm sure S&W will do a 16" as well.
    Last edited by Jake'sDad; 02-03-13 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    That and it's lighter than most of the 16" options currently available.

I'm looking forward to getting one in 18". It won't replace my 901, but I will probably hunt with it more.

But I'm sure S&W will do a 16" as well.
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. Looks an awful lot like the Armalite rifle, except without the chrome lining and two inch longer skinny barrel. Weight is about the same.

I'd like one with a 16" barrel. It'd be fun to compare the two rifles. It looks like it may have forged receivers too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

S&W M&P10 .308 - SHOT news?

Range report please? Hopefully it is a decent shooter.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    I saw one of these today in a local shop but had kids in tow who were loosing patience with me so I was unable to touch and feel it. It looked nice, I was surprised to see it and didn't dare ask the price. They had a 500 round box Fed Premium 22LR for $179.95...
    Not just Federal Premium, but UM22. And yeah, that price shocked me too when I first saw it a year or so ago. You haven't been there for a while? They had plenty of .22LR at all price points until at least early January. So now try to find .22LR anywhere in Anchorage, and what is left? Evidently only Federal UM22 at $180/500.

And before everyone thinks they are ripping us off, what are other places selling it for? The first place I saw it online in stock is $18.45/box of 50, plus shipping to Alaska.

Go back and check out the M&P. You might be surprised at the price if they still have it in stock. If I had the money I would have bought it already, but SWMBO said a washer, dryer, and frig came first. After she paid for my Semper Paratus Armorer's Class for my birthday and didn't complain when I spent $<cough> on tools, parts, and uppers since the Great Panic began, I wisely said "Yes, we do need those!".

ETA: Check out the Semper Paratus AR Armorer class, BTW. Great info, knowledgeable instructor, and a good time.
    Last edited by scottr; 02-06-13 at 01:44.

Feedback Score
    Initial range report posted at TOS indicates it may be a little picky with ammo. Shooter was having problems with CBC 7.62x51 but had no issues with Remington express core-lokt .308.

I finally showed the better half my M&P10 purchase. I braced myself for the worst. She wasn't upset at all but maybe it was because we have been looking at engagement rings over the past two days.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Went by the Anchorage store today, no M&P10s behind the counter. But I still couldn't have bought it.

All the bricks of Federal UM22 were gone. They had 12 individual boxes, and that was it. Must not have been too bad a price after all.

Feedback Score

S&amp;W M&amp;P10 .308 - SHOT news?

Quote Originally Posted by Bedouin2W View Post
    Initial range report posted at TOS indicates it may be a little picky with ammo. Shooter was having problems with CBC 7.62x51 but had no issues with Remington express core-lokt .308.

I finally showed the better half my M&P10 purchase. I braced myself for the worst. She wasn't upset at all but maybe it was because we have been looking at engagement rings over the past two days.
    I had an LE customer who bought one show me a pic of his Shoot n See target from 100yds, and it was a nice small group on his first outing with it.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast