Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo of M4 with Noveske gas block

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SethB View Post
    It's a gun, not a damn piece of jewelry.

Rattle can it.
    Yeah, rattle can paint protects bare metal very well. You'll have to keep applying your friend Krylon while hoping not to gunk up the piston's parts.

Let's be practical and not the smart/tough guy that thinks every rifle is a tool that should look halfway like shit because it's meant to be used and not look "pretty."

If you were a ferarri mechanic and you got a spot of rust on your tools do you think spraypaint would be appropriate? Your rifle may be just a tool but you could try to take care of it correctly.

There's a gas block manufacturer that did with their gas block what I'm suggesting and it's good way to solve the problem of the bare metal.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Let's be practical and not the smart/tough guy that thinks every rifle is a tool that should look halfway like shit because it's meant to be used and not look "pretty."

If you were a ferarri mechanic and you got a spot of rust on your tools do you think spraypaint would be appropriate? Your rifle may be just a tool but you could try to take care of it correctly.

There's a gas block manufacturer that did with their gas block what I'm suggesting and it's good way to solve the problem of the bare metal.
    I'm not a Ferrari mechanic.
    Way too much fascination with how your weapon "looks".
    (at least that's what I take away from the multiple picture threads)

You'll get bare metal from the finish wearing, and you won't rush out to get that refinished. If you use the weapon it will wear. Wear is an indication of use. No wear=no use.

Feedback Score
    I have put high-temp grill paint from a spray can onto cans. It was really fragile and not resistant to many solvents. I would stick with Gunkote and oven cure it. I think Krylon would tend to be thick and gummy. Gunkote is really thin.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterFanBoy View Post
    I'm not a Ferrari mechanic.
    Way too much fascination with how your weapon "looks".
    (at least that's what I take away from the multiple picture threads)

You'll get bare metal from the finish wearing, and you won't rush out to get that refinished. If you use the weapon it will wear. Wear is an indication of use. No wear=no use.
    Noone here is wearing any parts of their rifles down to bare metal.

Too much fascination with looks evident by the picture threads? Don't take part in them then. You're just being a hypocrite now.

Since I know how to build a rifle I can build myself a rifle the way I want. I also therefore have control over how it looks and why wouldn't I make it the way I want it to look?

Your car is for getting you to and from work. Do you get a little unhappy when there are new scratches in it?

Just keep the whole "it's a tool and looks aren't important" BS out of threads.

Rant over.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wear is an indication of use. No wear=no use.
    Didn't this get you into enough trouble the last time you went down this path?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Didn't this get you into enough trouble the last time you went down this path?
    Not enough evidently.

BMFB didn't use to act this way. Somewhere along the line he saw someone he thought was cool adopt this attitude so he did as well.

There's no reason for it.

I never see any rifles on this sight that have a lot of wear on them. The people here are smart with their weapons and take care of them very well.

So how was the gas block to install Robert? Anything worth mentioning?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

If you use the weapon it will wear. Wear is an indication of use. No wear=no use.

And I've posted pictures of a carbine that have had thousands of rounds through them and used on duty (Patrol and SWAT) for several years, and you assumed the gun had never been used.

There is a difference between use and abuse.

The finish is on the gun to protect it from the elements. I'm not a fan of having large sections of bare metal explosed to the elements. Especially if you live in a wet or humid enviornment.

S/F,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    And I've posted pictures of a carbine that have had thousands of rounds through them and used on duty (Patrol and SWAT) for several years, and you assumed the gun had never been used.

There is a difference between use and abuse.

The finish is on the gun to protect it from the elements. I'm not a fan of having large sections of bare metal explosed to the elements. Especially if you live in a wet or humid enviornment.

S/F,
    Jeff
    Ah yes, now I know why I thought I should know what Rob_s was talking about.

He did more than just assume...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austin12gauge View Post
    Is this the same gas block that Noveske uses on their N4 Low Profile?
    No.

C4

Feedback Score
    Stay on topic please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12