Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Trigger test - Which trigger is "best" for you?

Feedback Score
    I perfer Single stage triggers -once I get the cash together I,m getting the Wilson set up.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just picked up a KAC 2 stage from a buddy for $150 and he even threw in a KAC Hand Stop. I think I made out better than he did. I'm gonna use it in my next build so it may be a while before I get to see how smooth it operates.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I can saw after getting my first 2 SSA's, the only other unit i will own is maybe the DMR. These are great units, fit and finish is perfect. Improved this shooters game big time

Feedback Score
    I have 3 lowers - an RRA, a Spike's and a DPMS. These were all complete lowers when I bought them. All except the RRA had mil-spec triggers. It had an RRA NM 2-stage and I really liked it.

I decided I needed a good trigger for the Spike's lower so I bought a Timney 3# solid trigger. It was a snap to install. (I'd never swapped a trigger before.) I really liked the trigger, but I was trying to use it with a dedicated .22 LR upper and it just wouldn't function - doubles, light primer strikes, failure to reset the hammer, etc.

Someone suggested a Geissele SSA so I ordered one. This one was harder to put in of course. I tested it with the .22 upper and it was very little better than the Timney.

I ordered another RRA NM 2-stage and it worked perfectly. I sold the Timney, but had a left-over Geissele SSA. I installed it in my DPMS lower with a .223 upper last night. I haven't had a chance to test fire it, but it is definitely an improvement over the stock mil-spec trigger.

This isn't intended to be a slam at any of the trigger manufacturers. I'm sure any of these triggers would have worked well with centerfire uppers - my .22 uppers just didn't like some of them. I still like the RRA 2-stage the best of all I have tried. The first stage is light, as is the second stage and they have a nice, crisp, creep-free let off. The Geissele SSA is also nice, but both stages are noticeably heaver than the RRAs. I guess it's pretty much a matter of personal preference, but for about $110, I'll take the RRA anytime.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I had my gunsmith install my Geissele DMR and SSA. I picked up another SSA; I have built AR lowers myself in the past, so is the SSA a "drop-in" fit like an OEM trigger that I could put in without issues, or should I have my gunsmith install?
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The SSA is easier to install than the DMR. You can do it yourself. The slave pin makes it a snap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    I had my gunsmith install my Geissele DMR and SSA. I picked up another SSA; I have built AR lowers myself in the past, so is the SSA a "drop-in" fit like an OEM trigger that I could put in without issues, or should I have my gunsmith install?
    If I can do it, anyone can!
    Last edited by rman43; 05-07-10 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    Wait till you see the new Geissele trigger coming out soon..I have been running run for about 3 weeks now can you say 1911 in an AR

smooth clean and positive.

Bill nailed this thing

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Wait till you see the new Geissele trigger coming out soon..I have been running run for about 3 weeks now can you say 1911 in an AR

smooth clean and positive.

Bill nailed this thing

Single stage? Non adjustable?

Feedback Score
    Maybe........

We should have some video after class this weekend.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast