Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: narrowed it down to 2 builders..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You need to specify it's for a Surgeon action when you order it. The recoil lug is larger.

And holy crap is it going to be heavy if you get a 26 inch heavy varmint barrel. Why do you think you need one that long/heavy? My Surgeon rifle has an 18 inch Hart barrel on it and I can make it to 1k yards just fine. I'm also running a can though but even without that I'd stay at 18 or 20.

Oh and you will need to contact Redman above and get a rear bean bag!

And Stu I need to send you a stock pack soon to build up unless you have some in stock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh-L View Post
    You need to specify it's for a Surgeon action when you order it. The recoil lug is larger.

And holy crap is it going to be heavy if you get a 26 inch heavy varmint barrel. Why do you think you need one that long/heavy? My Surgeon rifle has an 18 inch Hart barrel on it and I can make it to 1k yards just fine. I'm also running a can though but even without that I'd stay at 18 or 20.

Oh and you will need to contact Redman above and get a rear bean bag!

And Stu I need to send you a stock pack soon to build up unless you have some in stock?
    do u think its gonna be too front heavy & unbalanced ??
    i just wanted the heaviest barrel i could put on it. maybe il go 24"

so whats these rear bean bags???

Feedback Score
    Mr. Josh,
    how ya been boss?
    You get shop all up and running I see ?
    I'll give ya landline over the weekend.......unless your # has changed recently.

Mr. Jason,
    honestly if your running a .308 you really don't need anything longer than 24"
    Now, if GAP is doing the build........specify that you want the deep fluting on the barrel.
    This will also reduce the overall weight approx. 1 lb.

FWIW,
    Stu

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjaytuner View Post
    do u think its gonna be too front heavy & unbalanced ??
    i just wanted the heaviest barrel i could put on it. maybe il go 24"

so whats these rear bean bags???
    Yeah it will be really heavy. I really don't see a point in going past 20, maybe 22 inches if you are shooting 155 grain bullets because you need to shoot those pretty fast. But other than that I see no point in it. You don't gain anything from a longer barrel in my opinion.

And bean bags are what Redman (check the website in his sig line above me) makes. Here is my old rifle with almost everything Redman makes.... rear bean bag with custom name tape that has my badge number, larger front bean bag aka tactical pillow, scope cover and custom fit cover for my suppressor and he modifies the stock pack to add height to it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMan* View Post
    Mr. Josh,
    how ya been boss?
    You get shop all up and running I see ?
    I'll give ya landline over the weekend.......unless your # has changed recently.
    Yep business is picking up quite a bit which is good and bad because I got moved to midnight shift in January so that sucks. My number is still the same but I'll be asleep during the day!!!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Im also interested in Chandler custom rifle from iron brigade armory
    but they are a pretty penny!! but he gaurantees his rifles to shoot sub moa out the 1000 yards!!
    And that they do..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChandlerSniper158 View Post
    And that they do..

details/specs & pics??

Feedback Score
    Im also interested in Chandler custom rifle from iron brigade armory
    but they are a pretty penny!! but he gaurantees his rifles to shoot sub moa out the 1000 yards!!

Don't by into the hype of accuracy guarentees. Any of the popular makers will build you a 1/2MOA or less rifle that will perform at distance.

Now if you will be able to, is a different story entirely.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh-L View Post
    It's nice if he does but it's not mandatory. The difference in the foot print between a SA/LA Surgeon and a SA/LA 700 is the thickness of the lug, the bolt knob angle/depth, and the bolt release button. 10 minutes on a mill would have the stock to correct tolerance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123