Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .22lr with threaded barrels

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I'd take a strong look at the T3 Summit from Primary Weapons. Its a straight pull/biathalon style action merged into a 10/22 receiver. THe barrel itself is steel wrapped in carbon fiber and threaded. They sell a barreled action and you build it as you like. Its just extremely well thought out. Good trigger, enhanced mag release. And it allows you to use the myriad of 1022 stocks available.

I run a SWR Spectre on it. With Wolf Match ammo and a basic 2-7 scope, it will shoot .3-.5 inch groups at 50 yards all day long.

No financial interest in Primary Weapons - just extremely impressed with this rifle.
    Seconded!

One of my favorite rifles. Not cheap, but it's an amazing piece of hardware. Plus you can actually find them. My dealer has several in stock...
    Last edited by Bluto; 01-22-13 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    I have never purchased a threaded stock gun but a guy at my range did. His thread length was too long and almost thrashed his can. He had a spacer made until, he could sent it out to be shorted up.

Just thought I would mention this. Nothing worse than buying a new gun then realizing your suppressor wont fit.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I bought a pack of three spacers for like ten bucks. They're needed for my .22 ARs.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 01-22-13 at 20:27.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

That's sweet!!!

Feedback Score
    I have the Savage FVSR and CZ452 and they are both great. The CZ definitely feels better (more solid) but the Savage works and shoots great at half the cost. I also have a Sig 522 and it is a lot of fun but the bolt guns are noticeably quieter.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Does anyone have any info on this rifle? Looks good for the price. I know it's not threaded but I have someone local that can.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...22LR+21+HVB+BA
    Last edited by dante2; 02-23-13 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Have a few threaded 10/22's, a 15/22 & had a Savage FV-SR.

Recently picked up a PWS T3 with the Raptor stock.... Also setting up a Hogue stock with Ching Sling for it to try out that style of sling. This gun is by far the pick of the litter in the manually operated options! And I can use all those 10/22 mags i have instead of hunting down the 5 & 10 round Savage mags. Wasn't inexpensive, but quality never is.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

My LGS parros.com had three of these in stock last week for about $229 they also had a few with a bigger tactical type stock, I wan't interested in the big guy. I love mine.
    My LGS parros.com still has two on the shelf. If anyone wants one.

I'm on a .22 kick lately and was pretty excited when I saw my LGS had a used 77/22 in stock. I went in to buy it but just didn't like the feel of it. For 1/4 of the price I love my little Savage. It handles and balances well and shoots great.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-19-13 at 18:21.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I may have to make the drive. Thanks for the heads up.

I've been looking for an FVSR for a little over 2 months now. Can't seem to find one local around here...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chasetopher View Post
    I may have to make the drive. Thanks for the heads up.

I've been looking for an FVSR for a little over 2 months now. Can't seem to find one local around here...

Let me know if you do PM me. I work in Waterbury where they're located. It would be nice to meet a fellow member! I will buy you a cup of GMC!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast