Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So where have all the revolvers gone?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

So where have all the revolvers gone?

I thought this panic was about AWB and standard capacity magazines.

Well, I have been in the market for a S&W 642 no lock and since I can't walk right now I was surfing around to see what kind of deals I could find out there. I was ASSuming that since all the focus was on semi-autos that I might be able to find a deal on a revolver.

Ummm..... No.

Buds has NO J-Frames in stock and really the only S&W revolvers are the Big X-frames and maybe a couple of the Classics.

Davidsons has NO J-Frames in stock and what little they do have is allocated.

I haven't been to a gun shop since before all this shit started, so I don't know what it is like locally but since they didn't have a very good selection of J-frames before, I assume they won't have one now. Both of the biggest stores locally have just one small case of revolvers with 7 or 8 dedicated to automatics.

Is this due to the general panic or is S&W diverting resources into producing their autos?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    I thought this panic was about AWB and standard capacity magazines.

Well, I have been in the market for a S&W 642 no lock and since I can't walk right now I was surfing around to see what kind of deals I could find out there. I was ASSuming that since all the focus was on semi-autos that I might be able to find a deal on a revolver.

Ummm..... No.

Buds has NO J-Frames in stock and really the only S&W revolvers are the Big X-frames and maybe a couple of the Classics.

Davidsons has NO J-Frames in stock and what little they do have is allocated.

I haven't been to a gun shop since before all this shit started, so I don't know what it is like locally but since they didn't have a very good selection of J-frames before, I assume they won't have one now. Both of the biggest stores locally have just one small case of revolvers with 7 or 8 dedicated to automatics.

Is this due to the general panic or is S&W diverting resources into producing their autos?
    I'm not seeing the same thing you are. Revolvers are plentiful around my parts.

I'm thinking revolvers are going to get very popular in New York ...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog650 View Post

Yes sir. My dad is already on the hunt for one as I'm sure many are.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I have a very limited selection of revolvers at local gun shops. They always have LOTS of autos but only a few revolvers and usually the ones that they have are either used (worn out) or new lock models. (Or Rossi/Taurus)

So I figured I would go online and see what I could order and have shipped to a local dealer.

But they are all out of stock on line which I was wondering where all the revolvers went. I was really expecting to be quite a bit of stock available and maybe even some deals because I was expecting all the focus to be on semi-autos.

I just found it to be odd.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Availability depends on region and model. Every Cabelas and Scheels I've been recently has been well stocked in J-frames and LCRs. Some K frame, though not as plentiful even in the best of times.

No-locks are always in demand and go quickly. I haven't seen a no-lock 642 on a shelf for awhile, but 442s are more common.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I haven't done much looking in person, aside from one drive by of a LGS, and honestly they were out of everything... I think people who didn't have a forearm and were late to the frenzy bought revolvers just to have something...

Online its hard to find S&W and Ruger revolvers at the usually suspects... Maybe they have pushed to upping semi-auto pistol and rifle production for the time being, which would make good business sense to me...

Feedback Score
    Old J-frames like Model 36s were plentiful but service trade-ins, like Model 10s or 64s, were starting to dry up about a month before the November elections. Since then.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog650 View Post

Yeah here where I hang out in north GA too. I've bought a few at good prices. Good selection of used as of late. Maybe a punch traded in on hicap semi's while the gettin' was legal. Dunno.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A bunch of J-frames seem to have ended up at my house.

They follow me home from pawn shops, gun shows, Wal-Mart parking lots...
    Last edited by Frailer; 01-18-13 at 17:33.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Used to have more, but these are keepers!

Pocket carry 442 and little thumper 640-1/357, both no locks of course!

The 640-1 is my snake and woods backup gun.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast