Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So where have all the revolvers gone?

Feedback Score
    All my local stores are stocked on revolvers and pretty much all semi auto pistols including G19s. Just no mags.

Its funny how we never traded a little bit of freedom of religion after the Jonestown Massacre.
    Last edited by TriviaMonster; 01-18-13 at 19:31.
    ‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
    — Mahatma Ghandi

Feedback Score
    I was planning on getting a 642 this year, but haven't been able to locate one yet.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Feedback Score
    Wheel guns here in ny are going to start selling like hot cAkes. I generally prefer one but there is a big difference in carrying one because I want to as opposed to have to

Feedback Score
    I would imagine that NY-state residents being restricted by law to seven rounds or less, are a likely reason for the thinning out of selection. Of course they can't legally own any of those fancy eight shot revolvers, can they now.
    “After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.”
    —William S. Burroughs

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was surprised to go into the local Bass Pro here in LV to get some tumbler media and see all the revolvers cleared out. Even the Tauruses and the Ruger single action ones. I spoke to a guy at the gun counter and he said people were concerned about Obama banning them. Basically the only pistols in the case were lower end 1911s (Remington and Para) and a few FN 57s, which is strange in the context of a ban scare.

All the primers (even shot shell primers) and powder was also gone over concerns of ban as well. The guy stocking reloading equipment said that people came in and panic bought powder and primers who don't even reload. Hmm... OK.

I guess ignorance is something that really should be banned, but that won't happen any time soon.

Feedback Score
    I'm wondering if dealers are trying to work out exchanges of stock to accomodate dealers in the states passing this extreme legislation.

My LGS has a shop fill of illegal rifles, and handguns with no magazines. He's concerned that he will be out of business sooner than later unless he can work out a deal with some out of state gunshops and exchange his unsellable stock for some Revolvers, lever, bolt, slideactions, and semi auto's with 7rnd mags.

He's in trouble

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aguila327 View Post
    I'm wondering if dealers are trying to work out exchanges of stock to accomodate dealers in the states passing this extreme legislation.

My LGS has a shop fill of illegal rifles, and handguns with no magazines. He's concerned that he will be out of business sooner than later unless he can work out a deal with some out of state gunshops and exchange his unsellable stock for some Revolvers, lever, bolt, slideactions, and semi auto's with 7rnd mags.

He's in trouble
    That is a point that I hadn't even thought about. What would you do when pretty much 2/3 of your stock is suddenly illegal to sell? Based on what distributors have instock (at least what they have showing online) there isn't anything out there to "swap". Maybe from some individual FFLs but the distributors have been "picked clean".

Interesting times.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aguila327 View Post

He's in trouble
    Wouldn't they just LOVE it if gunshops went out of business as a result of this legislation.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Wouldn't they just LOVE it if gunshops went out of business as a result of this legislation.
    That is the goal of the NY legislation: every law abiding citizen is a criminal and gun stores can go under because they are selling "evil". A seven round capacity has some very serious ramifications.

Feedback Score
    In my area the gun stores have a very limited inventory. I just bought a S&W M&P 340 .357 with no lock from an online retailer. It took a few months to find it. I had been on a waiting list twice. The first time I got an in stock notice I wasn't fast enought and the 2 they had were sold. This time I was able to get it. It should be at my FFL next week. It will compliment the S&W 442 that I already have.
    Last edited by CobraBG; 01-24-13 at 09:27. Reason: Edit for spelling

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast