Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight's new 630 Lumen TLR-1 HL

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Streamlight's new 630 Lumen TLR-1 HL

I checked this out at Shot Show, and holy hell this thing is bright.

630 lumens!

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/pro...t.html?pid=276
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any indication on price?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Ill be the first of many to say that's TOOOOOOO bright.......
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash1023 View Post
    Ill be the first of many to say that's TOOOOOOO bright.......
    Agreed BUT, I'll have to find out for myself The hard way.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
    Any indication on price?
    Here you go...didn't even have to break out the google-fu

http://www.lapolicegear.com/st-69260-tlr-1hl.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the link...

Looks like Streamlight's answer to the X300 Ultra...

I actually trust the TLR series more than the SF X series, as I believe the mounting system is far superior.

I would be interested in acquiring one, but I told myself that I would never buy another TLR series light until they lost the "blingy" silver ring around the bezel. It's very distracting looking to me and keeps it from looking as "serious" as an all-black model would. I know that's a minor gripe, but I had to deal with that ring on my old TLR-1 for years and it never sat right with me.
    Last edited by Shao; 01-18-13 at 07:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Thanks for the link...

I actually trust the TLR series more than the SF X series, as I believe the mounting system is far superior.

I would be interested in acquiring one, but I told myself that I would never buy another TLR series light until they lost the "blingy" silver ring around the bezel. It's very distracting looking to me and keeps it from looking as "serious" as an all-black model would. I know that's a minor gripe, but I had to deal with that ring on my old TLR-1 for years and it never sat right with me.
    yeah, I LOVE my surefire lights but the TLR series is a great light. I was thinking about picking up a x300 ultra but with this one coming out I may pick up another streamlight. As for the "Blingy" silver ring around the bezel, i didn't like the bling either and i've actually sprayed mine down with some krylon

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks for the link...

You are the first person I have ever heard say the tlr had a better mount than the X300. I have found the exact opposite to be true through experience with both.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Just curious why you feel this way. In your opinion other than the mount what else makes the TLR superior to the X series?

My experience is exactly the opposite. I've killed three dept. issued TLRs (two LEDs and one circuit board) and have seen more lights launched down range when the mounting screw loosens under fire.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    You are the first person I have ever heard say the tlr had a better mount than the X300. I have found the exact opposite to be true through experience with both.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Well to make a long story short, I've used both on my 870. The TLR-1 has had at least a few thousands shells through it through the years and never loosened up or came off - in fact, it almost looked new the day I sold it. I sold it for a Surefire X300. When I took it to the woods to check it out, I managed to get about 40 rounds off before the X300 blew off my Surefire rail (Surefire light on Surefire rail - go figure) for no apparent reason. There was no damage to the light so reattached it, put about 100 more rounds of 12 pellet Dynamit Nobel 00 Buck through it and.. guess what happened? It blew off again! I cannot contribute it to use error as I've installed a multitude of weapon lights throughout the years to all manner of guns and have never had one blow off twice in less than 200 rounds (scratch that, had a FoxFury blow off my 870 once after about 50 rounds, broke the plastic housing - sent it in for a replacement which I promptly sold).

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast