Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Shield

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RCI1911 View Post
    Quite a few of them on gunbroker.com right now.
    Yup, that's how I got mine in less than a week (not including the local 10-day waiting period, of course).

Feedback Score

Angry Shield Availability

Went to the Shot Show last week and a local gun show. Forget which one I heard that there was a backorder of 400,000 for the M&P Shield. Of course, they are making them as fast as possible, but S&W will be busy for a long time.

Heard a vendor at the gun show say that ammo vendors are offering ammo delivery for new orders to smaller buyers some time in the middle of 2014.

Haven't seen a 9mm round in a store around here for a while, so I picked up 1000 rounds at the gun show. Prices are going up weekly...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Having handled both the 9c and the Shield, I vastly prefer the 9c. Just my two cents.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    I prefer a thicker grip for shooting but for the niche the shield fills, the thin grip is what I want and so I'll take the trade off. Plus the trigger is so much better on it than all the other M&Ps that it makes up for whatever it loses in shootability from it's size IMO
    Dr. Layne Norton

PhD Nutritional Sciences

www.biolayne.com

Handgun enthusiast

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

M&P Shield

It's hit or miss here in Nebraska too. In a given week 1 or 2 arrive to a shop. It's all about right place right time. My mp9c is holding me over until I can hold one in my hands.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Held one this weekend in .40, felt nice, no way I was considering paying 750 though.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated21R View Post
    Held one this weekend in .40, felt nice, no way I was considering paying 750 though.
    goodnees! $750! Three of them sold here locally today and yesterday including a .40cal for $449. The nerve of some LGSs. I held the .40 on Wednesday and fell in love with the trigger and everything else about it. They received 3 9s the next day but I missed out due to work. The funny part is that a co-worker called me this morning to tell me that he picked up one of the shield 9s
    Last edited by Glock30; 02-01-13 at 18:30.
    The Revolution Will Not Be Televised ~ Gil Scott-Heron

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    A heads up for anyone looking for a Shield, a friend at work just picked one up this week at The Sportsman's Shop in New Holland, PA. (717) 354-4311. He said they told him they had a couple 9's and 40's , he paid $440.00 plus tax.

Feedback Score

Shield

I just picked up another one yesterday from "GT Distributor", they have officers in Austin, Tx., Dallas Tx., and Atlanta, GA (I think). If you get on their list they will call you when it comes in and hold it for you for a while. Good Luck.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Maybe they are slowly making their way out into the wild.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast