Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PA gun rights

Feedback Score

Thumbs down PA gun rights

Hi all, this is my first post, and I must say not the best news. I have finally received a return e-mail from our senators in PA, Senator Casey states he will support the AWB as well as mag limits, Senator Toomey is non-committal. Any PA residents who value their gun right should contact these senators and let them know where you stand.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Done and done. Join up with PAFOA.org of you arent a member of that BBS/Site. Plenty of good info, and organizational news for our cause in the Keystone State.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...&type=B&bn=357

Lets keep up the good fight. Pass this information on to anyone and everyone!

Feedback Score
    Horrible news about Senator Casey. I thought he was pro second amendment.

Feedback Score
    I suggest simultaneous rallies at ALL of Casey's Pa offices.
    "You won't rise to the ocassion, you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun Instructor
    Pa ACT235 Firearms Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here's an article on his knee-jerk, about-face decision.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ho..._gun_laws.html

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Another legislator who has held his nose and supported the 2nd in order to keep his seat. I wonder if we can muster the right candidate and the turnout to unhorse him the next time around.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    This is Casey's actual form response . . . "I support the 2nd Amendment, but I'm going to vote to take it away." Several others got the exact same response verbatim on the same day. Seeing as how he just got re-elected, he's obviously banking on people forgetting about this in six years . . .

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

As you know, on December 14, 2012, an individual in Newtown, Connecticut forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and opened fire on teachers and staff in the building. In total, the perpetrator murdered 20 students between the ages of six and seven years old, as well as six adults, many of whom heroically sought to stop the shooter and save the lives of children. Like many Americans, I was deeply affected by the scope and brutality of this act. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

The motives that led to this senseless massacre will likely never fully be comprehended. However, I believe that all public officials have a responsibility to work to prevent such an event from occurring again. This incident reflects a complex problem that requires a comprehensive strategy, including funding for law enforcement officers and the mental health care system. Too many individuals with mental illness are not receiving the services they need and tragically, sometimes a small number of these individuals turn violent. I have supported access to affordable and accessible mental health services for all Americans and I will continue to review proposed solutions to improve our mental health system.

As you may know, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. Pennsylvania has a fine hunting and sporting tradition, and I will defend the right to bear arms as it is enshrined in our Constitution. However, I also believe that the attack at Sandy Hook Elementary School highlights very serious dangers posed to public safety by the misuse of certain weapons and technology originally developed for warfare. According to reports, the shooter was able to kill many children and adults very quickly because he possessed a military-style semiautomatic weapon. He also allegedly used magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition and carried hundreds of rounds more. After much reflection and careful study of the issue, I have decided to support a federal assault weapons ban as well as legislation restricting high capacity clips. In light of what occurred at Sandy Hook, these are two measures that will lessen the chances that this will happen again soon.

Our Nation has already begun a critical dialogue as we examine what steps must be taken to prevent this type of tragedy in the future. On December 19, 2012, President Obama announced the formation of an inter-agency task initiative, led by Vice President Biden, to study these issues and recommend possible actions. I look forward to reviewing these proposals, as well to working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to address this complex issue.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator

P.S. If you would like to respond to this message, please use the contact form on my website: http://casey.senate.gov/contact/

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast