Thread: Black Gun Industries Ammo

Feedback Score

Question Black Gun Industries Ammo

Posted the links below in the "Where can I get it?" thread. But, I understand that thread is not for asking questions.

But has anyone heard of, seen, shot this ammunition? I just stumbled across them last night in an exhausted internet addicted research bonanza. Couldn't find much about them on the interweb.

They state that they are on the grounds of Lake City Plant and are an ISO-9001-2008 factory. This is remanufactured ammo, with mil surp one shot brass.

http://www.blackgunindustries.com/co...cases-500-rnds

http://www.blackgunindustries.com/co...cases-500-rnds

I don't know enough about ammo, reloading, etc. to know any better. So, I'm putting it before the experts. Whatcha think?

Feedback Score

Black Gun Industries Ammo

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
    Not even a "Use the yellow search button dumba$$". (Which I have)
    Or, a "I'd never run that crap through YOUR gun much less my own."

Just seemed like an interesting source for range days. Or, rainy days.

I'll let it die if no one has an opinion.
    Last edited by 5hortbus; 01-30-13 at 15:04.

Feedback Score
    I too was curious about this ammo. I originally saw it on Midway's site (pre-frenzy) and did some searching, but didn't come up with anything more than you did. Hopefully someone will chime in that has experience with it.

Feedback Score
    I believe there were some pretty bad reviews on TOS recently, multiple FTF, FTE, and bullet jammed almost all the way back into the case on cycling type stuff.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eesmith4 View Post
    I believe there were some pretty bad reviews on TOS recently, multiple FTF, FTE, and bullet jammed almost all the way back into the case on cycling type stuff.
    That's scary... because functional ammo is REALLY not THAT HARD to get right.

Christ! If Black Hills can do it, ANYONE with half a brain can.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shit prices and shit quality from reviews. Sounds like another jackass with graphic design knowledge slapped a bow on dog shit and wants to peddle it to high speed, low drag gear queers.

Feedback Score

Well, there you have it.

Glad someone found out some info. Thanks.
    I felt all "Door-Kickn' Ninja" while looking at their site. It's like the "tactical" flashlight selling for twice what the standard identical light does.

Feedback Score
    According to their "about" page, they aren't the ones actually loading it.

Our mission is to provide the tactical/practical shooter with high quality, new and remanufactured ammunition at an affordable price. Our ammunition provider is a privately owned ISO-9001-2008 company, headquartered at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Independence, Missouri. Each round is manufactured under strict quality control standards using precision industrial grade equipment, ensuring every round will perform accurately and consistently. Each component and each lot of ammunition produced has gone through strict quality control processes including incoming inspections, in process inspections, lot acceptance testing, and ballistics performance testing.”

Many of the images on our Gallery page are employees, friends and customers, and we wouldn’t let them shoot anything we wouldn’t choose to shoot in our own guns. We look forward to proving that promise to you.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.