Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lake City 5.56 available

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I think the velocity is there on the PRIV, but the jacket of the bullet might be thicker or something.
    Actually I found a great post on TOS from FALARAK 2 years ago.

http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=271478

He tested and compared PRVI M193 against Q3131A. He even went so far as to pull and cross sectioned the bullets from both. Reader's Digest version...as to the differences in projectile, the shape of the boat-tail is different, and the opening at the base of the round is different, however jacket width is identical.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. That was the Priv sold under the Wolf Line. The current Priv uses a different propellant. I don't know if the bullet is any different, but I could pull one of each and check.

I have some of the Old Priv Saved.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    First off... XM193 is produced with NATO headstamped brass. M193 is not NATO ammo. So before the ammo was ever assembled it was designated for the X line. How could something be rejected (or tier 87) before it's even made???

Are you certain there is no NATO stamp on M193? If so, that means almost everything most think they know about XM193 is likely wrong. Unless it is re-stamped after being "rejected", which I don't believe is safe or even possible, then it is obviously pre-designated as such and therefore non-reject ammo.

How is it that this is such a mystery after all this time? Somebody out there in either this forum or TOS must be directly affiliated with those that would know for sure.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    Are you certain there is no NATO stamp on M193?
    Not 100% sure. I am sure that M193 isn't NATO, but I'm not sure if some actual mil issued M193 couldn't have made it into circulation with a NATO cross.

I have ONE box of M193 "REFERENCE" ammo, and I'm not popping the lid on it to check for a NATO cross, MAN!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345